Thread: FS: Vintage nos jacket patches

FS: Vintage nos jacket patches

Large $30, small $20, got these from a Porsche parts place over 20 years ago
    Attached Images Attached Images
    paul chappell

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    I'll take them all. please PM me details/paypal etc.

Do not know if genuine or vintage - these are cool.
    X
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Hi X

Take a look at them in old racing photos -- there are differences to ones you've bought. For example, the ones I've seen back in the day on factory driver's overalls and team personnel jackets were usually grey around whiteish PORSCHE, also yellow (rather than white) around horse...from what I've seen on photos with factory links in era probably originals did not have yellow stitched PORSCHE wording.

This is photo from what seem to be original racing overalls. Not mine so can't vouch for provenance/authenticity but more likeljy factory correct earlyish crest.
    image.jpeg
    There are better examples on www since this one has a curious yellow edge as if taken from another yellow garment, but crest itself serves to illustrate the points.

Elsewhere on this forum there is a general discussion on the Porsche crest not being a very controlled design icon on literature etc back in 60s and 70s, so who knows for sure, but from what I've seen these sew-on crests when viewed in an old official photos have some distinctive characteristics that are quite recognisable -- often different in detail from those seen in aftermarket.

This is an example of an original crest I have on one of my red jackets that appear in the 73 accessories catalogue with RSR and while certainly being authentic official sanctioned merchandise even it has some differences to ones on team racewear such as size and the wording.
    image.jpeg
    image.jpg

I had three of these red jackets at one time -- two were the same but one had a different crest as discussed with Haul elsewhere. While it was an original too, I gave that particular jacket to a friend. Kept the other two for my son and daughter.

Sometimes these jackets with their original cloth crest fetch big money, without the crest not so much, I suppose:
    image.jpg

I have several loose cloth crests with grey colour including this one still in its bubble pack, from packaging it is certainly old from late 60 or early 70s, but wouldn't say it is an original factory patch either:

IMG_20180527_114839.jpg

From what I see in first post, I doubt they're genuine originals but hope you enjoy owning them nevertheless.

HtH

Cheers

Steve
    Last edited by 911MRP; 05-27-2018 at 03:50 AM. Reason: Add photos

Steve, thank you for this. It is always nice to learn from others.

The seller may jump in and tell the story behind the patches he put on sale here.

I knew they might not be genuine , but I like those things very much, and most of the time canot resist buying them.
    I just hope the quality of those patches is good and not "made in china" crap.

Have not heard about the seller yet.

You jacket is lovely indeed.

Cheers
    Xavier
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

These were purchased from Troutman, a Porsche parts store in Orange County Ca over 20 years ago and are very cool. They are high quality and that’s why I bought them. I don’t know who made them or when they were made, but can post a pic of the back if desired. If Xavier doesn’t want these that’s ok.
    paul chappell

Sign me up for One of each
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

I want THEMMMMM !!!!! (badly)
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

xavier,

you also might need for your car the stickers/decals old style which are available here in the shop..
    the do look good
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Haul, got them a while ago. They are nice indeed, have you received them ?

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    xavier,

you also might need for your car the stickers/decals old style which are available here in the shop..
    the do look good
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Received the 4 patches today - very nice indeed . Do not yet what to do with them - (I mean nothing I can post in here)
    Thanks Paul.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407