Back in the late 80's, I built what is now termed a 'tribute' car on a '72 911T chassis. I built in on Long Island, sold it in '95 to another PCA member that worked for Olympus camera on Long Island.

A real RS was well out of the budget question, but as most every part was available for the conversion (and prices on parts were still well within reason), I set sail on building a replica RS. The car was refinished in the original sepia brown by a shop in Connecticut; Wally did a brilliant job as the finish looked nearly wet when done. I built a correct 2.7 MFI engine, with the heads done by the RUF importer. The throttle bodies and intake tubes were sourced from an early 911S, and not the later composite pieces. A front mounted oil cooler fed by stainless flex lines. The only big visual departure was the fitting of a set of Konig full leather seats as the RS replica seats had not come about at the time.

Regretted ever selling that car and often wonder what became of it, and I thought that a post here on the forum might find the present owner registered and active.

Thanks in advance!
Bob

Name:  1972 Porsche 911 RS 001.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  137.5 KBName:  porsche 911 RS 001.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  139.0 KB