Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RS Replica Whereabouts?

Quote Originally Posted by nvr2mny View Post
    Beautiful gullwing ej, especially with those rudge(?) wheels. Still have it? I hope for your sake you do��
    Yup. Had it for 54 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    Here's a picture of one of mine taken at the same location c.1971. Also added a nostalgic shot taken while demolition of the hotel was in progress. I lived on Sackville Road, Whitehall Boulevard, Brompton Road and Kenwood Road during my years there.
    You had a Gullwing!!? Wow! We moved into town in 1988, so we were a bit late to see it...

We met the Long's at a charity event hosted at their home; they lived on Cathedral Avenue in town and they took me out to their garage as they had inherited her Dad's car and wondered what it might be worth (this was about 10 years ago...). It was a 300SL convertible in need of restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by gcthree View Post
    Stout. As in Pete Stout from Excellence and Pano?

I'm not aware if my car made it into Pano, though I was well ahead of the 'tribute' curve with the car almost 30 years ago and could have merited coverage.

If that's you, Pete...Bob Weber here.
    Hey Bob, and yes.

And yes you were ahead of the "tribute" curve. Watkins was, as well. There were probably some others, but I wonder how many—nothing like later, I bet.

It's a cool car, and would probably have made me think twice about its originality in Sepia—as one really wouldn't expect a "tribute" RS in that color. Love the 15s with the old Comp T/As, as well. Not sure where I have seen these photos or this car, but I have seen it/them. Did you post photos of it with your 928 photos (trying to remember where I saw those)? In any event, I'll keep thinking about it, and wish you well in your hunt!

Quote Originally Posted by stout View Post
    Hey Bob, and yes.

And yes you were ahead of the "tribute" curve. Watkins was, as well. There were probably some others, but I wonder how many—nothing like later, I bet.

It's a cool car, and would probably have made me think twice about its originality in Sepia—as one really wouldn't expect a "tribute" RS in that color. Love the 15s with the old Comp T/As, as well. Not sure where I have seen these photos or this car, but I have seen it/them. Did you post photos of it with your 928 photos (trying to remember where I saw those)? In any event, I'll keep thinking about it, and wish you well in your hunt!
    I did have a few shots of the RS alongside the S4, so perhaps that's where it was, Pete. Trying to chum the water in many places hoping to find it....