Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: C of A. What Happened? !

C of A. What Happened? !

Document folks,

I've been out of the loop. While C of A (compared to an original Kardex) were often lacking and even often had mistakes, what has happened here? Is this what one gets these days?
    Just and engine Type number and ditto for transmission ! Hey Porsche, we already knew that info! So all we get is Color? Please someone, help explain! Thanks.
    -Allen-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

You're way behind, my friend!

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ding-new-COA-s

And it's even worse now. Back when I started that thread they would at least confirm the numbers if you told them. The latest process as of few months ago is you have to take the car for inspection at one of the (very few) "Porsche Classic" dealers and pay hundreds of dollars to have the car inspected.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...en-PPS-now-CTC

Quote Originally Posted by LiveFromNY View Post
    You're way behind, my friend!

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ding-new-COA-s

And it's even worse now. Back when I started that thread they would at least confirm the numbers if you told them. The latest process as of few months ago is you have to take the car for inspection at one of the (very few) "Porsche Classic" dealers and pay hundreds of dollars to have the car inspected.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...en-PPS-now-CTC
    OMG ! I quickly read through the thread. The end is near ! Porsche AG is milking the early Porsche craze and as well as the last of the Petrol engines (all the "911" variants now in the line-up) for all its worth. I don't think it is going to work, or at least I hope not. There are alternate sources of info and a C of A like this is almost meaningless. The "investment grade Porsche" guys may go for this, but I just don't think there will be much future in C of A's like this. Overall, very sad move by Porsche. The doctor is rolling over in his grave. Thanks.
    -Allen-

Yes
    I think Tom's comments on the last post in that thread that John attached hits the nail on the head

It would appear that the latest crackdown is in part related to the discovery of the alleged so called "100Million Euro" fraudulent reproduction / creation and sale of high value cars that is soon to play its way out in German and possibly Swiss courts

These greedy (alleged) crooks have spoilt the party for everyone and done more to stop the dissemination of this type of information tyhan "privacy" laws have ever done

Now Porsche claim that they have to examine the car before they can issue anything (and probably even then it wont be much more than is already known) BUT it will give them a fat fee for someone who probably wont be able to work out which end the engine is in, or where the radiator is, to look at it and at the same time try to up-sell a whole lot of "safety issues" that they need to do for you or something similar to get more business
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

Quote Originally Posted by HughH View Post
    Yes
    I think Tom's comments on the last post in that thread that John attached hits the nail on the head

It would appear that the latest crackdown is in part related to the discovery of the alleged so called "100Million Euro" fraudulent reproduction / creation and sale of high value cars that is soon to play its way out in German and possibly Swiss courts

These greedy (alleged) crooks have spoilt the party for everyone and done more to stop the dissemination of this type of information tyhan "privacy" laws have ever done

Now Porsche claim that they have to examine the car before they can issue anything (and probably even then it wont be much more than is already known) BUT it will give them a fat fee for someone who probably wont be able to work out which end the engine is in, or where the radiator is, to look at it and at the same time try to up-sell a whole lot of "safety issues" that they need to do for you or something similar to get more business
    The art world is full of countless examples of "experts" being fooled to the tune of many millions of Euros. While the Porsche justification may be "protecting owners for fraud," IMHO it is profit driven. Why should we trust Porsche AG experts more than other experts. Yes, this will play out and quickly I'm pretty sure and not in Porsche AG's favor. Thanks.

-Allen-

Similarly, the same thing is happening in vintage baseball card collecting ( I am a collector). The most dominant card grading company (PSA) has been accused trimming card edges to remove creases which downgrades their value. They are doing this with computer controlled cutting apparatuses to minutely cut .001 inches from cards.
    This has roiled the collector universe big time.
    Next time you think about buying that mint 1952 Topps rookie card of Mickey Mantle for $55,000.00..it might be altered.
    1969 912 tangerine coupe 82K original miles
    1974 911 red targa 71K original miles

Tom Michelsen
    Central Coast Heaven

Shell Beach, California

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Michelsen View Post
    Similarly, the same thing is happening in vintage baseball card collecting ( I am a collector). The most dominant card grading company (PSA) has been accused trimming card edges to remove creases which downgrades their value. They are doing this with computer controlled cutting apparatuses to minutely cut .001 inches from cards.
    This has roiled the collector universe big time.
    Next time you think about buying that mint 1952 Topps rookie card of Mickey Mantle for $55,000.00..it might be altered.
    Off topic but could not resist. Some of my very early cards (Old Judge) unfortunately altered by my Great Grandfather to fit into an album.

Name:  IMG_5525 (1280x1041).jpg
Views: 344
Size:  207.9 KB
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Do either of you have a late 40's Vic Raschi card ? He pitched for the Yankees and Cards I think. A long lost relative.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Quote Originally Posted by steve shea View Post
    Do either of you have a late 40's Vic Raschi card ? He pitched for the Yankees and Cards I think. A long lost relative.
    Really? That's awesome. Helluva player. One of the Big Three.

Ya. I've got some great stories. I'd like to find a card; has to be a Yankee card though.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club