Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Restored SWB front seats in Houndstooth pepita

My God 35%? What is going on over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    Add approx. 35% to the total price to cover import duties and related expenses.
    Jim

Too many Porsches and one VW are starting to fill up my desert landscape.

https://www.instagram.com/1967s_307184s/

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    Side note.

SREG admins, please make note of the below and report back to John D. please.

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    Add approx. 35% to the total price to cover import duties and related expenses.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

in germany
    19%
    +
    6%
    on value including shipment expenses
    59 750 pre unit triton
    63 650 gray silver bikinitub triumph thunderbird
    70 650 astralred silver triumph bonneville
    65 912 slate gray "erwin"
    73 914 ravennagreen "ferdl"
    erwin_loves_polo

Sold payment complete and shipped. Thank You Steve S.

Quote Originally Posted by haul View Post
    in germany
    19%
    +
    6%
    on value including shipment expenses
    That depends...
    I managed to import pretty much all of my spare parts (and vintage cars) bought overseas at customs tariff 9705 - as long as they were NOS or used.
    That's a tiny 7% flat on value + shipping. Not only applicable in Germany, but also in numerous other EC countries.

Just yesterday I even managed to import a complete ignition housing, ignition switch, lock and keys for my VW split bus from Brasil at no import duties at all!
    I guess the officer had a good day or got laid the night before ;-)

And BTW, really nice seats!

Tom, thanks for this incredible news.
    Much appreciated.
    Would have saved me much money for tax last years

Totally agree. When it comes to taxes everything's some kind of jeopardy.
    My customs department (Munich) is very well aware of tariff code 9705 and as I wrote above: I "managed" to import under that code. OK, sometimes it needed a little more talk, but in the end we would agree on 9705. All it takes is not being a prick for about 5 minutes. Well, at least for the time being. I heard a rumour there's a fella 'round with a really bad hairdo raising import duties on all kinda shit - and he's not from China. So let's see how long 9705 will still work...

Could it possibly be that those Dutch traders you are talking about imported cars they bought from BHCC? No doubt most of their cars would easily qualify as "industrial goods" (= raw steel value).