Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Y-connector

WTB: Y-connector

Anyone have one of these they can spare?

Let me know, thanks!

- Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images

36 year PCA member
    There are 2 small and 1 large type. I have 2 of the small type. If interested please pm with your email.

I have some of these. Let me know if you are still looking.
    Tom Butler
    1973 RSR Clone
    1970 911E
    914-6 GT Clone in Progress

PS -

The connector I am looking for is 10mm in, 10mm out, with a leg at 45 degrees that is a 5mm!

36 year PCA member

Plastic Ys

Has anyone ever saw one with a 5 mm angled part?

Hi, Steve and others -

I am probably way off-base here, but this part is shown in the parts book, and it looks just like yours, Steve. It is either my ignorance or a parts book screw-up (one of many), but I looked at that page in the parts book and figured the angled stub hooks up to the brake fluid reservior overflow hose, which is 5mm. If this is wrong, where does the overflow go, and, second question, what hooks onto the angled stub? Thanks for your insights!

- Rob
    Attached Files Attached Files

That is not a brake fluid reservoir you are referring to but a Vapor Box for a better term.
    ESR # 2300

Hi, Bob -

In the parts diagram, two legs of the y-connector do indeed service the vapor box. My question is what goes on the 45 degree leg? By my possibly poorly informed logic, it attaches the brake fluid reservoir overflow, a 5mm hose, to the vapor box exhaust path. If this is incorrect, where does the brake reservoir overflow go to?

There is a good argument I have received from some folks smarter that I that the fuel filler vent hose, a 10mm, should tee into (or y-into) the exhaust gases from the vapor box. If this is true, where does the brake reservoir overflow go to?

- Rob

Rob,
    your assumption is correct. The large vent hose from the tank goes direct to the vapour box. Outbound is into the Y piece. Top is indeed for the brake fluid overflow. Just pushes inside as the hose is smaller.

Dave

Hi, Dave -

So the brake fluid overflow hose goes inside the 45 degree part of the fitting? That sounds crazy for Porsche to do, but I have seen crazier things on 911s. If you are, indeed, correct, there is no 10x10x5mm y-connector, only the 10x10x10.

How about this: there are cars where the 10x10mm fittings are for venting the vent box, and the last 10mm stub is for the pipe that vents the fuel filler area, and fit over the stub. Which years did which set-up?

Thanks, Mate!

- Rob