Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: W: Fraise (Rose Red) 70-73 911

A nice 1972 911 T-V (RoW) in fraise was up for sale until very recently here in Germany:

https://janzen-klassik.de/fahrzeuge/...-3/#gallery-19

Quote Originally Posted by rostrenner View Post
    . . . A nice 1972 911 T-V (RoW) in fraise was up for sale until very recently here in Germany:

https://janzen-klassik.de/fahrzeuge/...-3/#gallery-19 . . .

Before the ad disappears . . .

'Dieses wunderschöne Exemplar des Porsche 911 „Ölklappen-Modell“ in der ultra-seltenen Sonderlackfarbe „Fraise“, wurde im Oktober 1971 in Ludwigshafen am Bodensee ausgeliefert. Das wunderbar erhaltene Porsche 911 T 2.4 Coupé befindet sich in herausragendem, unrestaurierten Originalzustand und bietet überzeugende Fahreigenschaften gepaart mit einer schönen Ausstattung (Sonderlackfarbe, S-Paket, Radio Blaupunkt mit Antenne, Fuchs Leichtmetallräder und getöntes Glas rundum).

Eine seltene Gelegenheit, das Porsche Ur-Modell in aufregender „Fehlfarbe“ erwerben zu können.
    '

'This beautiful example of the Porsche 911 “oil flap model” in the ultra-rare special paint color “Fraise” was delivered in Ludwigshafen on Lake Constance in October 1971. The wonderfully preserved Porsche 911 T 2.4 Coupé is in outstanding, unrestored original condition and offers convincing driving characteristics paired with beautiful equipment (special paint color, S package, Blaupunkt radio with antenna, Fuchs light alloy wheels and tinted glass all around).

A rare opportunity to purchase the original Porsche model in an exciting “off color”.
    '

Attached Images Attached Images

We Can Be Heroes

Thanks LongRanger, excellent idea!
    Unfortunately, no VIN is visible.

While re-reading it; it realized the original sales ad carries a geographical mistake: it's either Ludwigshafen am Rhein or Friedrichshafen am Bodensee.
    None of both cities had an official factory service station at the time of delivery, according to my 03/1970 service manual.

for the record
    VIN - 9112500230
    Engine - 6520493
    Gearbox - 7321539 type 915/02
    Color - Fraise - 024
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html

Thanks, dwa911!

Hi everyone, new to the forum here. I purchased the fraise 911 above. It will be leaving Germany for the first time in 52 years and will now live in North Carolina where it will be well cared for and definitely driven.

It has had 3 owners, the first living in Konstance on Lake Constance in Germany. Mr. Helmut Hans, purchased the car when he was about 20 years old and kept the car until his early 40s. Then an older gentlemen purchased the car, Mr. Karl-Heinz Schappeler on 13 October 1994, it remained in his collection until 20 April 2011 when it was sold to the owner I purchased the car from, Mr. Jaroslaw Pawluk which is who the dealer was representing for the sale. I purchased the car late January of this year (2024) I'm going to do more research to try and see if I can get ahold of the original owners family or himself if hes still around, since I would love to hear the stories and time he spent with the car.

Very excited for myself and my family to make our own memories with this Rose beauty. The majority of the paint is original, the hood was resprayed due to rock chips, and some touch up on passenger door from a scratch along with the oil flap door was repainted. The past few owners were very meticulous and wanted the cars paint looking very nice. Personally I wouldnt have minded the "worn" look, but I also dont mind the way it is now as it shows very very well. I've translated all the paperwork with the car as well, it was well cared for. Just thought I'd share. Thanks.

Congrats Griff! And welcome! Hope it gives you years of enjoyment!
    first ride - 10 yrs old in a 73 911S - Silver - I was done for
    Started 'playing' with them in the late 80s
    Started racing a 72 911 T built to 2.9L RSR in SoCal SCCA, PCA, POC early 90s
    Have owned over 50 long hoods from late 80s until 2000
    dropped out from 2000 - 2018 - due to life, work, travel
    Been building a 2.8 'RSR' inspired car since 2018 - 9111121235
    http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...1121235-a.html

Welcome Griff. What a wonderful car. I too am in North Carolina and would love to check it out sometime. I am in Highlands NC. Tate
    1965 911 Factory Paint to Sample Orange
    1967 911S Bahama Yellow
    1968 911 S Blood Orange
    1971 911S Gold Metallic Peter Gregg
    1974 Carrera RS Blue Metallic
    1990 RUF RCT Estonia's car

Quote Originally Posted by dwa911 View Post
    Congrats Griff! And welcome! Hope it gives you years of enjoyment!
    Thank you... Me too, very excited!

Quote Originally Posted by 1970rsr View Post
    Welcome Griff. What a wonderful car. I too am in North Carolina and would love to check it out sometime. I am in Highlands NC. Tate
    Love The Highlands! I visit Cashiers when I can, beautiful place. I'd love to see your collection, I will send you a message. Thank you!