Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kardex 300739

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to the build for sure!

Frank, yeah bringing a bare metal shell to a original owner doesn't sound like a great afternoon for him or me. I think he'd be thinking 'why the hell did this guy bring me a bare metal shell inside a cage?! Bring it back in Bali Blue with Pepita inserts like it was when I bought it knucklehead!' At least that's what I'd say and by reading your posts I think you might say the same with your sarcasm and funny sense of humor.

Here are the pics I took today of the numbers on the case to add to the data sheet:
    Name:  65 engine #.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  44.5 KBName:  build #.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  56.1 KBName:  65 911 case halves #.jpg
Views: 238
Size:  46.2 KB

Davep,

Next time I go I will get the casting date too. Here is the info for #300830
    Engine # 900971
    Build #871
    It was a silver car originally.
    It's not my car but I might be able to get more info if need be.
    Hopefully you can read it:

Originally I said the Build # was 371 but on closer inspection I believe it is 871. The picture is hard to see but another picture shows it clearly is #871
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Fred N.; 07-25-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Banned
    If I were in my 90's... or 59... and someone brought by an old car I used to own (painted or not), I would ask "Why on earth would you think I give a rat's as?"

I'm guessing the gentlemen has many more things in his life that are far more important; probably why he got rid of the car years ago. I do hope he lives long enough to at least have the option of seeing it.

BTW: Bali Blue rules.

Hallo Fred,
    do you have pictures of the car before you started restoration? There are many special things of these very early cars and it would be very interesting for us to see pictures before restoration and how restoration continues.
    Kind regards
    Anke
    356 A 58 silver
    302485 light ivory
    500248 Softwindow light ivory
    500441 Softwindow S light ivory
    2.2 S Targa geminiblue
    2.4 T Targa black
    2.4 S Targa vipergreen
    2.7 RSR tribute green (original 2.4 E 1972)

Macan GTS black
    Boxter S black
    997 Turbo Cabriolet black

BMW R 17
    BMW R 69S black with Steib 500

Hi Anke,
    The car belonged to my restorer before I bought it. I didn't get to see it before he started his work but he may have pictures. I believe he may have got it as a project after it was taken apart because he told me he has boxes and boxes of all the little parts for the car and he said he had went through all of it to check for completeness so it sounded like he got it after it was in pieces unfortunately. We have been so busy finishing my '54 Pre A that we haven't really looked at the car very well. He had a alignment jig/cage made for the car at a frame shop on a frame table so we could work on the car, not a rotisserie but a hexagonal or octagonal frame that bolts to all the body points and also lines up key areas of the car. The frame guy said that he keeps all of the frame points from past 9 series cars in his computer and that this was the straightest he's seen so we're lucky that we don't have any collision damage just some rust. If I can get any pictures from him I will post them. In my last post i mentioned I had the casting date for the carbs but it was for the heads actually. I will post a picture of that too along with the casting date of the engine case next time I go there.
    Thanks,
    Fred

Hi Fred,
    a 54 Pre A is really a very nice car! Colour?
    I like the threads with many pictures of the restoration. There are many experts here who can help a lot to get a nice result.

Have a nice week.

Anke
    356 A 58 silver
    302485 light ivory
    2.2 S Targa geminiblue
    2.4 T Targa black
    2.4 S Targa vipergreen

Macan GTS black
    Boxter S black

BMW R 17

Fred, why is it not possible to send a private message to you? Is it because of the Junior membership?
    My email ad is: zech@medeco-bonn.de

Anke
    356 A 58 silver
    302485 light ivory
    2.2 S Targa geminiblue
    2.4 T Targa black
    2.4 S Targa vipergreen

Macan GTS black
    Boxter S black

BMW R 17

Anke,

All new members need to post 10 times before they are able to send or receive PM's...
    A rule we adopted almost 2 years ago because a PM 'phishing' problem we had on the site....

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Anke,
    The Pre A is Radium Green. Here's a couple of pictures from last Sunday:Name:  front left view.jpg
Views: 220
Size:  99.6 KBName:  front right veiw cropped.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  114.8 KB

It's not a 911 so I wasn't sure if it was okay to post it here.