Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We lost yet another good one....

We lost yet another good one....

We have lost a member here, just found out yesterday.

Stephen Demosthenes, "demo" here, passed away at the end of May, and his services were this last weekend. Stephen owned Route 30 Classics in Mosier Oregon. He was a true gentleman, and a friend. I remember taking side trips to see him when I would go to see Emory. He had a great shop that was a combination of ice cream/espresso and Porsche right in a true "roadside" environment. RIP Stephen....
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by Soterik; 07-04-2018 at 08:42 AM.

How very sad. His last post was in this thread...

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...899#post959899

Thoughts with his family. RIP
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Member #226 R Gruppe Life Member #147
    For us in the Portland area, a real Columbia River Landmark. God speed Stephen.

Becky and I so enjoyed visiting with "Mr Unpronounceable" (as we called him) . Always a great smile...we will miss him for sure.
    Olive

Yes, a great guy and true enthusiast. He will be missed.

Oh no. RIP. I always stopped in for coffee on my trips to and from Gov't Camp. I will miss the visits with Demo.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

oh man...i first spoke to stephen 18 yrs ago. he was selling a chartreuse 72 911. i've always been sorry i didn't buy that car. i remember him saying how he was getting beat up about the color...how times have changed. we spoke a couple of times a year after that and did a couple of deals. he was always upbeat, fun and i'll miss him.

RIP Stephen
    condolences to family and friends.
    Porsche Historian, contact for Kardex & CoA-type Reports
    Addicted since 1975, ESR mbr# 2200 to 2024 03
    Researching Paint codes and Engine Build numbers

Banned
    So sorry. I hope he made his peace with God.
    Life is so short.

Never had the opportunity to meet him.

Looks like he knew he was sick in January.

I never met him but we had many many exchanges. He was a really nice guy and loved his Porsches and his Pooches. He has sent me some pics of his old 911 and his old BIG dog that squeezed into the 911. Always sad when someone s selfless dies. Sad when anyone dies...but I am sad because he loved DOGS.

Name:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.59.11 PM.png
Views: 606
Size:  195.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.00.23 PM.png
Views: 582
Size:  31.9 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.59.17 PM.png
Views: 575
Size:  151.1 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.59.11 PM.png
Views: 606
Size:  195.5 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 9.00.23 PM.png
Views: 582
Size:  31.9 KBName:  Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 8.59.17 PM.png
Views: 575
Size:  151.1 KB

His dog was a great Dane and one time he drove from Florida to Oregon with the Great Dane and Cleo a Parrot - said he didnt have a cage (no money) so the parrot rode on his steering wheel the entire way. He was a character.
    Last edited by jsandak; 07-05-2018 at 05:08 PM. Reason: adding