Thread: Screws for license lights

Screws for license lights

Just too tall to remark these differences early.

My oldest son helped me yesterday and remarked that the screws for the license lights differs on our 71 build MY72 cars.

One has M4 with close to dark grey discoloured Phillips heads and one has a mixture of new M4 (yellow zinc) and two old M4 slotted head screws with an overspray.

My parts book show slotted head screws. Porsche sells Phillips head screws.

Which head type and material is correct for MY72?
    Last edited by dirk07; 07-11-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Hi Dirk

Hope you are keeping well.

Took a photo of Rhd T from model 72 at a friend's workshop. Not mine so wouldn't know if as original but car had been laid up decade, or maybe more. A dirty garage find much of it seemed unmolested with circa 50k miles iirc. Sharing this pic to start the ball rolling. I'm sure owners of model 72 will chip in ...
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  93.6 KB

Starting the attention to Porsche detail and originality stuff early with your family

Hope this helps
    Steve

Thanks Steve,

hope you are ok.

Looks like Phillips head screws, the diameter of the washers seems to been oversized compared to mine..

That's what the old parts book says Linsenschraube AM4x10 DIN 7985-4.8 verzinkt, DIN 7895 = Phillips head metric should be correct, even if the picture shows a slotted head

I've noticed schnore washers on all the original cars I've seen .