Thread: Shipping question...to the Antipodes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shipping question...to the Antipodes

I need to ship a 3 x 4 pallet/box to Australia. Getting it from me to a port in CA is not a problem. How do you guys in Australia and NZ ship large stuff to yourselves? Is there a specific shipper you use? Do you share containers? I know when shipping to Europe, people will ship to a port where they have a container, store items to be shipped in the container...and when the container is full (cars/engine/wheels/body parts etc), it gets shipped. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Speedo
    registry# 1283

Quote Originally Posted by speedo View Post
    I need to ship a 3 x 4 pallet/box to Australia. Getting it from me to a port in CA is not a problem. How do you guys in Australia and NZ ship large stuff to yourselves? Is there a specific shipper you use? Do you share containers? I know when shipping to Europe, people will ship to a port where they have a container, store items to be shipped in the container...and when the container is full (cars/engine/wheels/body parts etc), it gets shipped. Suggestions would be appreciated.

Speedo
    all the big stuff i have shipped over the years i have used a company called kiwi shipping in crompton

http://www.kiwishipping.co.nz/

they do nz and aussie
    John Gausden
    Auckland, New Zealand

(shipping carson,CA)
    Early911nz.org
    ST-Classic.com
    ST-Classic Facebook
    "Funding my obsession one nut at a time"

Speedo
    I have used HTX international out of LA, a number of times for both cars

and heavy parts eg gearbox etc.

+1 on Kiwi Shipping. I've usded for cars, engines, wheels and even early S oil lines! Never any problems and very good to deal with.
    Early S #2826

Garage:
    '73 E (2.7RS replica) - sold
    '94 968 Clubsport M030 - sold
    '67 250SE Cabriolet - sold
    '71 Skyline GT - sold
    '69 911S - sold
    '73 911T/RS

What did I buy that I can't remember??? LOL

Where in Aust do you need it to go?

Clyde

Speedo
    Clyde Boyer

1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed
    1973 2.4E Coupe RHD Aussie 5 speed my first ever 911 (1995)

Early S Registry Member #294
    First Aussie R Gruppe Member #366
    TYP 901 Register Inc #6

Sydney area...
    registry# 1283

We use Schumacher to consolidate stuff to NZ. I'd be surprised if they weren't doing to Australia. Steve is the contact.
    Membership #3255
    revivem.co.nz

May as well ask...never know

In the interest of sharing a small "footprint" in a container, or possibly putting parts in a chassis being shipped, is anybody currently (or planning) to ship any large items to Australia in the near future? If delivery is not time critical, and I can be patient...maybe we can help each other.
    TIA...

Speedo
    registry# 1283