Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 100 octane gas

100 octane gas

any body know in california if the 100 octane gas sold has ethanol in it? Chris
    1. Chris-Early S Registry#205
    2. '70 911S Tangerine
    3. '68 911L Euro Ossi Blue

Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

If I pull up to my local Union 76 station and put in 100 Octane; will it have Ethanol and if it does--how much?
    2. '70 911S Tangerine

If you can find 100 at the pump let me know where the station is! I know of one in all of Orange County and it's about an hour from me, which is no bueno.

I would expect that if it has ethanol in it it should be posted as so on the pump.
    1969 911S
    1969 Datsun 2000...worth less, but more valuable

Whether there is ethanol in a particular station in California depends on the county and the brand. So, as asked, the question cannot be answered. Here in the Monterey area, Chevron is allegedly ethanol free. So when you come for Car Week in August, or Rennsport, fill-up at a Chevron worry free.

There's a Sunoco in Rancho Santa Fe. Give them a call
    SEARCHING FOR ENGINE 6208326 (last seen in car with VIN 9111101452)

-70 911E
    -84 3,2 Sold

go to the site---buyrealgas.com to find ethanol free gas. chris
    2. '70 911S Tangerine

100 Octane in The OC

Quote Originally Posted by jimxyz View Post
    . . . If you can find 100 at the pump let me know where the station is! I know of one in all of Orange County and it's about an hour from me, which is no bueno . . .
    Tried yelp? . . .

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...nge+County,+CA

Attached Images Attached Images   

We Can Be Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morris View Post
    Whether there is ethanol in a particular station in California depends on the county and the brand. So, as asked, the question cannot be answered. Here in the Monterey area, Chevron is allegedly ethanol free. So when you come for Car Week in August, or Rennsport, fill-up at a Chevron worry free.
    Last year I spent some time in the Monterey area and was told the same thing. I tested gas at four different Chevrons and all four contained ethanol. Despite my searches, I was unable to find ethanol-free gas anywhere in the area. I did find an independent station offering Gulf 93 octane with isobutanol instead of ethanol which my car hated. Ideally I was hoping to find a station offering VP Racing which is all I use here in Austin (and my cars love it) but I was unable to find anything within reasonable driving distance.
    Last edited by LiveFromNY; 07-10-2018 at 11:41 AM.