Thread: Which gas flap bolt pattern fits what fender?

Which gas flap bolt pattern fits what fender?

Have two gas flaps with different bolt patterns and shapes. Which short wheel based fenders do they fit?

The Grey fits what year?

The Red fits what year?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

I just took one off my car tonight.
    The grey fits an early 1971 (built sep 70) non karmann.

Current long term ownership: 63 Cab, 71 911, 74 914

until today i thought the green one fits up to 68...and the red one LWB but just had a look at my arcive.
    non of the cars up to 73 had the red type installed...all had the green type
    what i have seen is that even the early reissues of the swb fender had already the incorrect bucket and lid(red one).
    even the size of the lid it self is a bit different +/-1,5mm

my 77 930 had the red type
    my 76 2,7 had the green type

Scott and Franz you are so good. Thank you.

It's for the narrow fendered 67. The red lid and it's fender was a Porsche parts department part from some years ago. I have to ask What is the difference to the bucket shapes? I hope they both use the same gaskets ?

I should have paid attention and saved the original bucket to match it's saved lid.

That bolt pattern change can be added to my check list of items if a fender is an original or a replacement part. Live and learn.
    Bob
    Early S Reg #370

Quote Originally Posted by Bobs 67S View Post
    Scott and Franz you are so good. Thank you.

It's for the narrow fendered 67. The red lid and it's fender was a Porsche parts department part from some years ago. I have to ask What is the difference to the bucket shapes? I hope they both use the same gaskets ?

I should have paid attention and saved the original bucket to match it's saved lid.

That bolt pattern change can be added to my check list of items if a fender is an original or a replacement part. Live and learn.
    gaskets are the same

the "narrow bolt battern with the cut of piece hinge" came with the introduction of the metal tube filler neck for the washer fluid not exactly sure if from the beginning of the impact bumper or 1977...
    what i also remembered when i went through my arcive is that the pivot point of the flaps hinge can differ by quite a bit which can(and did once )cause problems when you swap a lid....it might touch the bucket with the edge when it swings open.
    not sure if this is simply production tolerance...
    i also found a pic of a lid with a spacing plate welded on by the factory.....
    i think i once got different results measuring the distance shown in the last pic
    Attached Images Attached Images