Thread: '73 Double Locker Sport Seat Police Needed

'73 Double Locker Sport Seat Police Needed

I have a pair of double locker sport seats I believe are pretty original. Finishing a very nice 73S Coupe complete nut and bolt. Came with sport seats. Trying to decide what to do. Don't think these are nice enough and if I recover not sure what to use.
    Leather or vinyl? And if so which supplier. I've done '69 seats before but it appears '73's are different. Would like some opinions on this. They are solid black vinyl with no perforations and no inserts. Were there options for instance houndstooth inserts or corduroy inserts and if so can I see pics. Thanks so much and looking forward to the comments.

I bought dozen of vinyl parts to restore a pair with original parts. nearly no chance to find decent inserts.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ferrerid=29735

Hi Eric,
    Color is gemini Blue Metallic
    Interior is black. Came with sport seats.
    Thanks for the pics.

Does anyone know the possible combinations of vinyl, houndstooth and/or leather on '73 double locker sport seats?

member #1515
    Unless you are a strict COA advocate, I would do leather instead of vinyl with whatever center cushion material you select. Most of the cost is labour and leather smells good, ages nicely and is cooler than vinyl.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Leaning toward going leather with black and white houndstooth inserts for my double lockers. Just need to choose as close a leather I can for the seats. Any thoughts on leather choice?

These are original 73 doublelockers that PO put in this 66 912 in 78. I believe the black vinyl and wide cord is original.
    Attached Images Attached Images