Thread: Pictures of front support...

Pictures of front support...

Okay I am continuing on the process of the front suspension pan the front gas tank support seems to have a few different choices. I would like it to be the correct one
    I am attaching a picture of my friends 1967 912 suspension pan.
    the gas tank support seems to have what appears 4 10mm holes across the front lip.
    Does the MY 1966 have these ? My cars’ production date is 3/15/1966 does this look correct as pictured?
    I am also wanted to know about the front part of the suspension with the two holes closer to the front of the car. Are these drain holes there as well?

One more thing the long bead where the battery sits does that seem original? Name:  P1030119.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  140.5 KB

Any pictures are once again much appreciated
    The restoration design has a one that looks like it without holes Name:  05DD83D6-D17A-4613-85E0-9B0C8828CC4D.jpeg
Views: 306
Size:  27.6 KB

They also have this one

http://www.restoration-design.com/mm...0001/P204A.jpg

Thank you in advance.

While you look at the first picture of my friends please look it over and let me know if you think everything is in the right spot . Like the washer pump mount and the battery try seems to be more rounded on the lip that sourounds the battery tray than the ones that RD sells.
    Last edited by CDOUGLEHMAN; 07-31-2018 at 06:43 PM.
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

can Anyone confirm if this looks correct for a 1966 pan?
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...9&d=1533088017
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

The four holes in the tank support should not be there, the two in the pan should be there, and then filled with the rubber 'valves' Be sure you get and install the 'reinforcement' pieces. They weld to the captive thread tubes that the front of the 'A' arms bolt up to. The battery support corners could probably stand to be a little rounded like the original. Don't forget the tow hook, unless they have already welded that on. I use a spot welder to duplicate the factory welds, and I also now use the Stoddard 'JIG' but had done many before that by bolting up suspension before welding and using the blueprint dimension in the workshop manual.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

what about the difference in the longer protrusion where the battery tray sits compared to RD PART NUMBER p204a and p204e or does someone else make it better?

Thoughts and opinions are welcome

Thank you
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

There are basically two different tank supports, one for early cars with short battery tray, and one for big bumper (74-on) cars with elongated battery support. R.D. also shows one for 69-73 cars with short support, but cut for dual battery. The SWB support is short and is made for the single battery tray. Years ago when I first did this job all that was available was the latest pan with long 74+ support. I had to lop off the excess and create the correct looking pan for a 72.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Thank you Ed for your insight!

Anybody know if these holes were in 1966 Name:  DSCN4464.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  86.4 KB I am not sure about the three holes that go across the bottom where the the tow hook mount goes? If these are suppose to be there ,are they plugged with the same type of rubber plugs that go down the bottom side of the tunnel Name:  IMG_20180802_1732046.jpg
Views: 226
Size:  49.5 KBName:  IMG_20180802_1732074.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  47.9 KBName:  IMG_20180802_1732101.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  49.3 KB.
    Does anybody know if these are still available? Is there a part number?
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

Yes, that is correct, the holes that show from the bottom, that are covered by the tank support, are supposed to be there and are plugged as you show with the rubber plugs. The part number is sometimes hard to find in the parts book, easier to just call International Mercantile or Stoddard and describe what you need.
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.