Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Car Cover

Best Car Cover

I am about to get my 65' 911 back from the painter, and I am looking for a car cover for it for transport purposes and generally to protect it while I am in the process of reassembly. There appear to be many to choose from. Covercraft and Coverking seem to have some good options. Any advice from other owners and enthusiasts here? Your thoughts and recommendations are appreciated.

The Evolution 3 and 4 are my choice. Several manufactures can offer, but the material is what you want.

Hi Micheal - Thank you. The cover we have for our 88’ Carrera is Evolution 4, but I can’t find a manufacturer who specifically lists it as the material they use.

Xavier Petit-Jean-Boret Xavier PJB's Avatar
    I bought the outside use one from Porsche, the inside one from selectionRS (very nice, soft, resistant etc..) here is the link to G type one https://selectionrs.com/fr/housse-po...e-premium.html

Cheers.
    O-G 26 - Early911S 2407

Quote Originally Posted by bgeyes44 View Post
    Hi Michael - Thank you. The cover we have for our 88’ Carrera is Evolution 4, but I can’t find a manufacturer who specifically lists it as the material they use.
    https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...n+car+cover.do

The Coverking stormproof, Covercraft weathershield covers use a microfiber woven fabric, the evolution fabric is a pressed paper like material. I like the first type having stored cars outside for years in the northeast, that requires several covers. For indoors and nice paint the stretchy satin material has a flannel lining amd cant be beat If you dont mind a big Alfa Romeo embroidered on your cover you can get an OEM 4C stretchy satin cover that would work on a 911 for about $100 on ebay.

Name:  IMG_4020.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  85.0 KBFor indoor use, this stretchy soft one from Carnewal is twice as thick as the one from Porsche and even has a better logo. Perfect fit plus you can specify how many sideview mirror pockets. Gert at Carnewal is great to work with, truly customer focused. No affiliation, just very satisfied with his stuff.
    http://www.carnewal.com/products/All...r-Cover-Indoor
    Zed

Just for kicks (they do keep getting harder to find) I put my Alfa 4C cover over the stretchy satin cover made for a 911. The fit is just about identical and the mirror pockets are in the same place. The aforementioned cover looks like good value too but is at least twice the price.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by 66S; 08-08-2018 at 03:55 AM.

I have been using Stormproof from Pelican for years on my 911's -- I love the tailoring -- the way it follows the line of the car so well. It is very satiny too. Not cheap.
    Jim

__________________________________________________ ___________
    Early S Registry #2359

1970 Porsche 911 Rally 2.4
    2018 Porsche Macan GTS

Guys ~ the problem with the satin version is that it offers NO protection while you are working around the car (like the original poster said he will be doing). My Evo 3-4 suggestion takes that enviroment into account as it offers a nearly padded surface that can take a lite wrench hit, or rake handle and offer some protection.

I have them all. The Evo is my favorite.

Name:  Garage2017.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  62.5 KB