Thread: Flasher Issues ! ?

Flasher Issues ! ?

Guys
    The first Orignal flasher started flashing when the emergency brake pulled up and the along with the brake light lighting both turn Signal lights also flashed.
    We replaced flasher with the Porsche version and that issue was fixed ......then the right turn signal flashed at double speed and left was normal pace.We installed the Orignal flasher and the right and left turn signal were both flashing at proposer speed but both flasher arrows on instruments flashed at same time wat a dim level. Bought 2 more flashers.... one of the Werhle and another Porsche version. The Werhle arrived today and installed . Now the right turn flashes normal speed and the left at double speed. Replaced left with new bulb with same issue.
    When I remove the left bulb the flasher makes a buzzing noise ?
    We have checked all grounds 3 times and all good, cleaned all housing cavities and copper prongs for good contact many times, harnesses are all excellent
    Need some other good ideas.
    Thanks for assistance
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

When i suspect grounds (which is usually the culprit) I'll us jumper wires and go from the suspected load directly back to the battery ground terminal. If you had a bad ground that will show it.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed
    Thanks for note.....that was the first thing we did way back . Ran separate ground wire for each unit .
    We did this one unit at a time to see any impact .This did not change anything.
    Think all these flashers are the variable .
    But open to more ideas.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6

I have also found the flashers to be the culprit. I have a couple old "good" ones that I use for diagnostics, if I can plug in one of those and all is good then I know the problem is related to the "new" unit. You're not trying to use L.E.D.s are you? I 'once' had good luck removing the cover from an old flasher and after studying it in operation fiddled with the spring setting and was able to keep it working. That took many hours of fiddling and I chalk it up to good luck,,,,not any expertise on my part,,,,figured I had nothing to lose! It was my own car,,,not a customer's.
    Early S Registry member #90
    R Gruppe member #138
    Fort Worth Tx.

Ed thanks again.....not using LEDs but ...
    Since the DS was the issue for today, removed the rear DS bulb and re-installed bulb.
    Believe it or not DS flashers now worked ,all normal rhythm ??
    So for today all is working properly.
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6