Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donation Buttons

Post Donation Buttons

Donation Buttons

Contributors,

Please noticed the ‘Donation’ buttons on our forum’s front page, let me explain.
    Ours is still a free and public message board. If all the registered message board members were paid members of the club we might not
    need a contribution button at all.

To say we appreciate the combined creative and technical wisdom of our wonderful contributors is an understatement. Also the deep appreciation of our current, long term, and new paid members… it’s WHAT MAKES THIS SITE WHAT IT IS !!!!

However, we can’t get the toothpaste back in the tube and require paid membership to get on the board. We don’t want it, besides, for the most part paid membership message boards run out of juice and die on the vine.

With all this, our club has been pretty stagnate as far as the number of paid memberships.

So here’s a first step to try to help the situation. Seeing between 65 and 90% of the activity on the board is commerce of one sort or another, how bout tipping, making a contribution to the club that brings you this forum, this opportunity, this service…
    If you sell something to a community that would only look here, if you buy something that you would only find here…. If this board helps you find the Early car you’ve been looking for, for years, and then, helps find the engine that goes with it…… Give the club that makes it happen a little something for it….

The people who are familiar with the Samba board know they suggest a 1% contribution… it seems fair.

Of course these contributions are not required, how could they be?....
    This is on the honor system of what you feel the ease and facilitation of the transaction is worth….

There might be other actions we’ll need to take down the road as far as paying to sell your stuff on the board… But for now… this is all up to you.

Push the button and please make a contribution to the club that made it happen…

Cheers,

ESR
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

This is on the honor system of what you feel the ease and facilitation of the transaction is worth….

There might be other actions we’ll need to take down the road as far as paying to sell your stuff on the board… But for now… this is all up to you.

Push the button and please make a contribution to the club that made it happen…
    Man, I didn’t think this would be a thread I would need to bump… A bit naïve and optimistic on my part…

Again, there is a lot of free commerce happening on our board, and the contributions coming in have dwindled…

For those who contributed in the first few weeks we thank and commend you… However, we need this practice to continue…

We do not want to take those 'other actions'…

Please contribute and donate,
    The ESR
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Banned
    Time to name names Chuck.

I vote for a Wall of Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Time to name names Chuck.

I vote for a Wall of Shame.
    Or give them the boot. Paid members should only be able to be sellers IMO.
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Banned
    Perhaps it's simply a matter of perception and fiscal awareness? Some of the nicest people I know are the cheapest bass turds on the planet. They're nice and selfish.

Chuck, I believe it may help people understand what "reasonable" is if you would tell us the average yearly amount that's donated by a regular user. (Not just members; I still believe many non-members donate generously.)

Thanks.

Chuck, I believe it may help people understand what "reasonable" is if you would tell us the average yearly amount that's donated by a regular user.
    Sorry I'm late on this....

Before we put up this 'donation button' and explanation … The answer is VERY little..
    We had a few donations, maybe 2 or 3 a year... some years none...

So, we've been relaying on our memberships... new, and renewals...

Fred Trueman has relinquished his data base duties because of heath issues so now the club is paying for that up-dating service...

BTW - We are considering a 'first of the year membership' reboot...
    Jan. through Dec. to help with our crazy bookkeeping and make auto-pay a snap...
    We will let everyone know ahead of time... hopefully with all paid members receiving all their 4 quarterly ESSES...

Thanks
    Chuck Miller
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

I also think that if you are selling on Esses that would be mandatory that you fill your profile out completely. Location, phone number, etc.

Early S #2059

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Sorry I'm late on this....

Before we put up this 'donation button' and explanation … The answer is VERY little..
    We had a few donations, maybe 2 or 3 a year... some years none...
    How about a ?% "tax"? Buyer and seller 50/50?

No need to be sorry!!! Thanks for what you do!

Early S #2059

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dummkopf View Post
    How about a ?% "tax"? Buyer and seller 50/50?
    Tax?

What the heck is wrong with you?!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Tax?

What the heck is wrong with you?!
    I am sorry... "Fee".

Early S #2059