Quote Originally Posted by dummkopf View Post
    I am sorry... "Fee".
    Tax
    Fee
    Tariff
    Penalty
    Fine

It’s all the same.

How about if the cheap bass turds who hang here just wallet up?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Tax
    Fee
    Tariff
    Penalty
    Fine

It’s all the same.

How about if the cheap bass turds who hang here just wallet up?
    And it will remain the same because of human nature. Other forums I am a member of use a pay to sell. You have to pay a fee (that is not a Tariff, Penalty, nor is it a Fine) to be able to sell. Then there are grades of sellers like supporting vendors, which is an upgrade and of course costs more.

If you have a better idea, instead of "just wallet up", let's hear it. Because I don't see that happening.
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dummkopf View Post
    If you have a better idea, instead of "just wallet up", let's hear it.
    Paul,

I do! Gentle confrontation moving into accountability works wonderfully. I'll start with this seller and the rest of you follow my lead.

"Hey tompeter34,
    Hope you're well. We appreciate the cool stuff you advertise here; just making sure you're donating a minimum of $100 annually to this fine forum to help you peddle your wares.

Best regards,
    Frank Beck"

That is the PM I just sent him.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...eels-Rims-Tire

Banned
    Chuck,

I'm assuming that there's at least 50-100 "regulars" here. If we each donated $200 per year would that cover the shortfall?

I’ll just say it: I think anyone who views this site more than... say... 30-40 times a year should donate at least 100 bucks annually.
    Last edited by Frank Beck; 10-26-2018 at 11:13 AM.

Arrow

I'm assuming that there's at least 50-100 "regulars" here. If we each donated $200 per year would that cover the budget?
    This donation idea was not to put the financial bourdon on any particular group....

It was, again maybe naively and optimistically, for all to contribute a little so this club doesn't feel like... like I do, in my very thirsty '73 with it's small stock gas tank, wondering if I'm go'n make it to the next station....Yeah, the club will make it to next station... but it sure would be nice not to have to be looking at the gauge all the time...

NONE of us 'secret circle' have taken anything out of the club.... for over 20 years
    However our support people and venders do... rightfully so

After reviewing some of the other sites and how they operate... and realizing how loyal and addicted our message board members are... I thought, maybe naively and optimistically, that it wouldn't be too much to ask...

BTW - This site hasn't gone down for over a year - but when it did, the response afterwards sounded like confessions from a substance recovery center... and I was right along with'm

… Just say'n

Please join this club and contribute...
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Paul,

I do! Gentle confrontation moving into accountability works wonderfully. I'll start with this seller and the rest of you follow my lead.

"Hey tompeter34,
    Hope you're well. We appreciate the cool stuff you advertise here; just making sure you're donating a minimum of $100 annually to this fine forum to help you peddle your wares.

Best regards,
    Frank Beck"

That is the PM I just sent him.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...eels-Rims-Tire

Well go for it then, man! I have a lot better things to be doing with my time. Make fun if you want, but the supporting vendor/mandatory contributions for sellers do work. Hard to argue with success!!! Another hidden benefit is it helps to weed out the shysters. But what the hell do I know???
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Aloha Guys , just to say I was happy to make a donation as it was thanks to this site that my BiIode lamps could find the right owner , once again thanks to you all & long may this important resource continue.

Hawaii Steve.