Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Donations

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    Why not just make everybody pay that wants to post and see what happens? I bet you get 50% of the non payers to pay up.
    Mike,, Im assuming that ,, "wants to post" ,, you are referring to the posting of items for sale??

An option could be to have a totally seperate section of the forum that is purely for the Sale of items that could have a "flat rate" p/a fee.

The existing membership fee could allow you a set number of adverts for sale included within and if you go over the limit you have to pay to place adverts as set out in the section above all be it with a healthy discount from the "base" for sale fee.

We can see how many posts we have made at present so why could you not also see how many "For Sale" posts we have made.

Many existing members utilise this forum as an educational tool and dont sell anything.
    Last edited by NZVW; 08-17-2018 at 05:36 PM.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    Mike,, Im assuming that ,, "wants to post" ,, you are referring to the posting of items for sale??

An option could be to have a totally seperate section of the forum that is purely for the Sale of items that could have a "flat rate" p/a fee.

The existing membership fee could allow you a set number of adverts for sale included within and if you go over the limit you have to pay to place adverts as set out in the section above all be it with a healthy discount from the "base" for sale fee.

We can see how many posts we have made at present so why could you not also see how many "For Sale" posts we have made.

Many existing members utilise this forum as an educational tool and dont sell anything.
    Yes I corrected my post to "post items for sale". I was thinking if we got 50% of the sellers ( that are non-paying members) to pay the membership fee we would be ok. Having a separate area for selling and charging a fee would probably chase the sellers to Pelican, 914world, etc. Maybe we are over thinking this, if we need more revenue lets just raise the membership fee by $10 I would pay it. This is an awesome site.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Quote Originally Posted by mfitton View Post
    if we need more revenue lets just raise the membership fee by $10 I would pay it. This is an awesome site.
    No argument from me on this.

Simple solution indeed,,, and we can still give those non members who post "for sale" items a bit of ribbing ,,, who knows, perhaps some may become one.
    Mark

I agree that a hike in membership wouldn’t dissuade me from being a member; but it might some and the team would have to be careful to maintain membership numbers.
    In all of the suggestions, it is only the ones that involve minimal extra work by the team that drive the registry that would make any sense... and the two easiest are membership with Esses and membership without. The ‘privileges’ of either tier of membership should include access to everything on the site. Non-members should not be allowed to post in for sake sections.
    This would allow people to choose whether the Internet version of membership satisfies their needs, and yet would still drive revenues.
    Perhaps this model is worth a thought as it entails less overall work for the wonderful people who do all this work for us...

Stephen
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by NZVW View Post
    No argument from me on this.

Simple solution indeed,,, and we can still give those non members who post "for sale" items a bit of ribbing ,,, who knows, perhaps some may become one.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Donation made. I learn something new every time I visit. Sometimes I'm even able to put it into practice.
    (a) 1970 911T Sportomatic coupe
    (b) 2016 E350 4MATIC wagon; parts hauler for (a)
    ESR #1474

Chuck,

I did the "contact us" dance the day you suggested it. No response there, either. I'm just gonna put my questions out there for anyone to answer: Does the Registry still accept Paypal payments for renewals? If so, what email address can I use for payment?

Thanks, Steve C.

Will try to answer this directly Steve... Thanks for your patience

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Miller View Post
    Will try to answer this directly Steve... Thanks for your patience

cm
    Received your PM, Chuck, thanks. Paypal nevermore.

Paid member, also donated for the extra entertainment value, now donating as purchaser after breaking my cherry on a buy; just bought an item that I discovered through the ESR and though I'm the purchaser, let's face it, auction houses charge buyers too so I don't mind paying the vig for a good cause.

I'm also hopeful we can continue to keep this board on the honor system for all even though I respect the other points-of-view on that topic. But we absolutely DO need to keep Chuck's Oompa Loompas in chocolate, tea and biscuits (tip of the hat to those across the pond).

Chuck isn't the only one here with editorial skills as I fancy myself as a bona-fide amateur. Check out this excerpt of a well-known ditty:

Oompa loompa doompety doo
    I've got a perfect puzzle for you
    Oompa loompa doompety dee
    If you are wise you'll listen to me

What do you get when you post here for free
    Parts for E, S and 911T
    What are you at, with your wallet getting fat
    What do you think will come of that

I don't like the look of it
    Oompa loompa doompety da
    If you're not greedy, you will go far
    You will live in happiness too
    Like the Oompa Loompa Doompety do
    Doompety do!

Doompety do, indeed...

-- James
    Last edited by jhartmann66; 09-09-2018 at 12:47 PM.
    Member#: 3654

69S coupe (metallic silver)
    70E coupe (metallic green)
    71 911S HWT (Euro, Tangerine)
    67 912 SWT (black over red)

Sundry: 65 Honda S600 Coupe (project, but with motor that redlines at 9500)

I wonder how many non members have contributed?
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.