Thread: Porsche technical specifications 69,70,71

Porsche technical specifications 69,70,71

IMG_1499.JPGIMG_1500.JPGIMG_1501.JPG

This is Porsche specification book dated April 1976 and is a first English edition and is in great condition and priced at S O L D plus shipping
    Last edited by gulforange; 08-24-2018 at 10:43 AM.

Being that this is dated 4/76 makes it an early edition of this booklet

Banned
    Gotta ask: How is the data in this any different than currently offered new ones at half the price?

Not trying to be a wise guy; just seeking knowledge.

This is a first English edition and the new ones are third editions which Porsche started to reproduce after being out of print for a while( front radiator oil coolers, dashes with speaker, etc.) the best other example I can give you is a Porsche owners manual, there is the original owners manuals and the reprints, the data is also the same, but the price usually isn't.

Banned
    Data book, right? For information? So we know capacities, torque, serial numbers, etc? We're literally collecting "dates" now.
    (I reluctantly understand the owner's manuals because they came with the cars and it's important to match one to a build date.)

The Tech Spec books are essentially "tools". Heaven forbid if anyone sees my library; many of the manuals and spec books are oil stained and have torn pages.

I'll never understand this new reality; Dr. Porsche would be laughing right now. If he could.

Best o luck.

And the owners manual essentially was also a tool, you just understand and agree about the owners manual, it's still just data. Book collecting has been around before Porsches existed and a First Edition has always been worth more than later editions.
    IMG_1502.jpg

I will admit that though this eBay listing is legit, it would be a great candidate for "seriously"

Banned
    I get it.

I'm not fighting capitalism; the market will speak. Maybe someday my oil and blood stained torn manuals will become priceless.

Maybe, but like everything else, condition is very important.
    I reprinted this listing to fix the pictures,

( made them straight instead of sideways )
    Last edited by gulforange; 08-21-2018 at 12:10 PM.