Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Price check

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Mark,
    I felt like I had won the Lotto when they handed me Guano! How could NO ONE have requested that before? Even if my auction crashes and burns I'll still walk away with my username. I'm completely humbled by my good fortune.

Pretty stoic crowd over there. Me thinks the right field tangents are a little confusing and possibly a turn off. Too bad... that's what makes public discussion often times interesting. I suspect most are Sergeant Friday types. Paul's timing in dropping the proverbial dookie in the middle of my auction was providential. It provides a weathered but beautiful mirror to reflect from.

Hoping the last 20 minutes of the auction turns into a cage fight.
    So, was it Paul or B Lee that tossed the turd in the punch bowl? Is Paul 0to60? I can't tell the players without a program..............

Regards

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 09-19-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Jim, thank you. looking back thru it was B Lee that tossed the turn.
    My apologise to Paul,, an innocent party he is.
    MD
    Mark

member #1515
    Lots of BS'ing not much action, like watching grass grow. If the car ends up in NZ that would be a really great deal for Mark. Very nice car, no comparison to others being sold.
    GLWS Frank. I guess everything heats up with 5 minutes on the clock, just like the NBA.
    P.S. Frank, you should have gotten money from the Arizona tourist Board for that video.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Quote Originally Posted by RSTarga View Post
    If the car ends up in NZ that would be a really great deal for Mark.
    Too funny Dave,,, and I may win the Lotto draw on Saturday as well..

I live in hope because without that I would be hopeless,, I have a couple of forum members who would like come down and do a tip to tail drive with some serious detours. Thumbs up on the Tourist Board donation FB should get,, an amazing part of our wonderful world.

https://www.distance.to/Bluff/Cape-Reinga
    Mark

Banned
    I agree David; totally boring.
    Even many of the smartest-one-in-the-room types moved on. (Except Mr. Lee... I think the others realized they were crashing a party where the host and his homies were well armed.) Except for that Rickster cat; that poor guy might as well be blathering to himself on a bus bench.

I must say, if I was a long hood shopper with no sense of humor and a very busy schedule I would have turned off the email notification 4 days ago. There's some gold nuggets there but to sift through all the squawking takes fortitude. Hopefully buyers show up for the awards banquet.

BTW: I can't believe there's nothing you miss about the Valley of the Sun. I was born here and still marvel at the beauty of the desert and you're right; I should figure out a way to extract $$ from the town of Carefree.

Frank great video -I am hiring you next time I sell a car.

Phil
    Early S Junkie # 658

Frank in my opinion you are sitting pretty. Easily will reach 6 figures. My 914-6 was at $56k at this same point and ended at $82k. Can’t wait for the last 5 minutes especially when they keep adding 2 minutes to the auction end time on each late bid.
    Mike Fitton # 2071
    2018 911S Carrera White
    2012 991 Platinum Silver ( Gone)
    1971 911T Targa Bahia Red (Gone to France)
    1995 911 Carrera Polar Silver (Gone)

No Affiliation with City of Chicago!

Well done, Frank!

Banned
    Thanks to all who participated.

I need to follow this up with a "BaT Case Study".

It would seem BaT (or PCA) is truly the best way to sell a 911. (Even Sepia cars.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Thanks to all who participated.

I need to follow this up with a "BaT Case Study".

It would seem BaT (or PCA) is truly the best way to sell a 911. (Even Sepia cars.)

Yeah let's... I'm in the middle of it myself (with a non-porsche), and it's definitely educational...
    The very long lead time before posting the car was disheartening... The back and forth emails with them about the same questions over and over, somewhat disappointing.
    Their attempt to lower my reserve was amusing... following the auction and comments is fun as hell though, though I wish more people would bid, and earlier, at least versus the comments.... interesting to experience the other side of this ! You did well, and it seems mostly at the last minute (good to know)!
    congrats !
    Last edited by Greg D.; 09-21-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002