Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Price check

Bat

This is a great thread. I've been thinking of selling my 72S....and based on everything I've read...I think I'll call Paul....IF I decide to sell I don't think auctions where trollers comment is useful to anybody.

Frank, no BAT for you...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I don't know... it sounds like I could be one of those hecklers. I honestly can't blame them for roughing up flippers and charlatans who tell tall tales. Embellishing or exaggerating to accommodate one's personal agenda and pocketbook eventually comes back to bite them. Present a product and be honest; anything apart from that I say grab the torches and pitchforks.
    ^ Suggests you'll do just fine over there, maybe even have fun. As others have pointed out, we certainly would.

Batter up...

Banned
    Stacy,

For those who want a more hands off approach BaT certainly doesn't sound like the way to go.

In my case, in regard to my 70T I want the quickest, most convenient sale possible. I'm not really interested in getting the most money out of it.

So... just to circle back and re-word my original question to the gallery: Do exceptional 911T coupes sell quickly in this market for 100k?

I do believe 100k is possible for a truly exceptional car....for those who are interested in a hands-off sale, I’ll again mention paul Kramer at autokennel....I have no affiliation except I’ve bought thru autokennel, and the Kramer’s are friends whom I trust and value the business model they have created. Worth a call.

However, I’m sure I’d be entertained by your replies to the peanut gallery on BAT.
    looking for 1972 911t motor XR584, S/N 6121622

What is AKs commission though? Certainly more than the $100 BAT fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Dg567 View Post
    What is AKs commission though? Certainly more than the $100 BAT fee.
    In fairness to AK, BaT collects the $99 no matter what happens and then 5% on top of the sale price up to $5,000 from the buyer (and any intelligent buyer is gonna consider that): "If you win an auction we charge 5% of the final bid price on top of the winning bid, with a minimum fee of $250 up to $5,000 (5% of a $100,000 bid). The fee for sales higher than $100,000 is capped at $5,000."

I’m asking what the selling commission is through AK. Not sure if they have a buyer commission - I assume AK makes money from the seller, and BAT makes their money from the buyer end.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Stacy,

For those who want a more hands off approach BaT certainly doesn't sound like the way to go.

In my case, in regard to my 70T I want the quickest, most convenient sale possible. I'm not really interested in getting the most money out of it.

So... just to circle back and re-word my original question to the gallery: Do exceptional 911T coupes sell quickly in this market for 100k?
    Frank, by 'exceptional', if you mean low mileage and original paint, matching, with original interior (with some tasteful patina...) then yes, a quick sell. Top of the market, original cars are moving, and moving well and fast. Condition 2 and below....moving, but peaked in value a few years back. ALL OF COURSE INMO...
    Bahia Red '72 911S
    Meerblau PTS 2019 Speedster
    GP Silver, 2018 GT2RS WP....the BEAST
    Daytona Gray 2021 RS6 Avant....BEAST #2...Best daily EVER

ES #333

GONE...MANY, many great ones....

From folks here who actually sold on BaT.... How did it go post sale for you ? Is this safer than other transactions ? Assuming no inspections in person, there are still no guarantees, right ? Does BaT handle the $ in any way ??

The buyer could come in person, decide to pick on whatever, haggle some more, and you're now wasted $100 and a week? is there any sort of obligation to buy or refund from BaT ? Not asking for my 911 (but for my Alfa GTV - seemingly the single most common car there, which in itself gives me a bad feeling).
    Greg.
    ----------
    72 911T - 73 2002

I thought I'd weigh in on this silent auction, I mean price check thread...

How's your Inbox lookin'?
    you're mockery is masterful, Mr. Beck...

$100k if car meets your description. I think original vs. restored is a factor. I'd like to see pictures but I don't have any money
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624