Thread: Hand lamp

Hand lamp

Hello guys,

I have some doubt about some optional equipment of a MY 66 911.
    Name:  20191016_084827.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  36.4 KB

What is "hand lamp"?
    I only know about rally kit hand lamp but i don't know if it refers to the same lamp and not sure it was available in late '65.

And what about fire extinguisher?
    Where and how was it placed?

Any help or pictures will be really appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!!

Giulio

Did your car come with the "Sport kit" ? Most factory photo's show extinguishers fitted to the front tunnel in SWB cars. My interest is only competition cars. Not so sure on the production model. Extinguishers were usually manufactured by Bavaria, Gloria or Auto Total.

I have an out of control collection of them.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Did your car come with the "Sport kit" ? Most factory photo's show extinguishers fitted to the front tunnel in SWB cars. My interest is only competition cars. Not so sure on the production model. Extinguishers were usually manufactured by Bavaria, Gloria or Auto Total.

I have an out of control collection of them.

Dave
    Hi, do you know if at any time those fire extinguishers were placed in the middle of the rear seats?
    thanks Dave

Yes, Most of the ST cars i have seen have them on the bump in the rear.

pictures here. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=auto+total

Quote Originally Posted by stretch View Post
    Yes, Most of the ST cars i have seen have them on the bump in the rear.

pictures here. http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...ght=auto+total
    Thanks for the data, regarding the subject of the post, I can say little ... I leave way to the great experts of the forum!

Hi Dave,

I suspect we meet some years ago at Fellbach swap where I learned about your extinguisher collection...

About the 911.
    The car is in extremely original condition, for sure interiors are original but no trace of hand lamp and extinguisher (probably removed when they became useless).
    What I know about the first and (almost) only owner of the car is that he was a member of SCCA at the time.
    He was probably a gentleman driver but car wasn't converted in a race car.

Any pictures of cars with hand lamp installed would be very helpfull.

Thank you!

Giulio