Date stamped 1964 KpZ 5x15 with part number 612 016

3.7 which I think is thickness?

I don’t have them to look at

What car would they have been used on?

Thanks
    They aren't on my list.

----Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Like these shown here. Same part number.

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...-356-Carrera-2

Don’t have them around to see if riveted so hoping to know more from the number.

Are all the wheels with that part number alloy? ATE brakes?
    Last edited by rower; 08-21-2018 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    I remember when Dave Seeland was putting together that list, I thought it was a few years prior to that. I remember sending him some pics of various wheels with different rivet counts in them. No doubt there were more around than what was on that list.
    Yeah, never say never, Porsche did stuff in small batches sometimes and finding a paper trail can be tough. Sometimes the weird stuff pops up on Service Bulletins.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Yeah, never say never, Porsche did stuff in small batches sometimes and finding a paper trail can be tough. Sometimes the weird stuff pops up on Service Bulletins.

---Adam
    That earlier ad a few comments above showed the same part numbers?

What’s weird is they are 3.7, they had already started using 3.9’s on the Carrera 2’s because of problems racing on the 3.7’s. So it is strange that they would use the weaker/thinner center for a race wheel. This service bulletin was dated 1963, showing the switch in wheels.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    What’s weird is they are 3.7, they had already started using 3.9’s on the Carrera 2’s because of problems racing on the 3.7’s. So it is strange that they would use the weaker/thinner center for a race wheel. This service bulletin was dated 1963, showing the switch in wheels.
    I saw on a different earlier thread on here that someone (sanders) had kpz 3.7 904 wheels, so maybe given the 904 was lighter?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for.../t-119290.html

Quote Originally Posted by rower View Post
    I saw on a different earlier thread on here that someone (sanders) had kpz 3.7 904 wheels, so maybe given the 904 was lighter?

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for.../t-119290.html
    Or maybe there were in production before the change to 3.9 in late 63, Porsche was not a company to waste.

---Adam

I just saw a Symbolics listing for a 1964 904 with its original wheels according to them.

http://symbolicinternational.com/veh...4-carrera-gts/

Same part number and 3.7 thickness so these are early 904 wheels. Thanks.

rower......are you interested in selling/trading?......I have some very rare parts for trade.