Thread: SWB Electrical connector

SWB Electrical connector

I have for sale new reproductions of the metal piece that holds the through the bulkhead connectors on a SWB 911/912.

They are laser cut and made of stainless steel. An exact replica.

1 for $ 17.00 or all 3 for $45.00.

IMG_2897.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

Steve

Sorry for being obtuse but I do very little of my own work and am therefore in the dark as to where these go and what years use them. Got a shot from the PET or actual location picture?

Thamks

Tom

SWB cars have three of these plug mounts for the three plugs that go into the front Trunk under the dash board driver side these are the plugs that come from the blinkers ignition switch and turn signals and light switch . On the trunk side
    these mounts are in front of the fuse panel these actually go into the fire wall and stabilize the the connections

Looks like a nice offering
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

Pm Sent I would like three
    Doug Lehman
    Member #2825
    1966 912

1978 911SC Targa fun in the sun

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    Steve

Sorry for being obtuse but I do very little of my own work and am therefore in the dark as to where these go and what years use them. Got a shot from the PET or actual location picture?

Thamks

Tom
    Thank you for your question. I guess I did do a pretty crappy job of explaining what these do. I've gotten deep into my harness project and just assumed everyone would know what these things do. Doug below does an excellent job of explaining their function. They hold the 3 grey rubber through body connectors that are about 6-10 inches north east of your fuse panel in the frunk. These guys hold those connectors tight. You would never see them unless you took that connector out and then you probably will break at least one of the four retaining tabs getting them out. I looked on the PET and couldn't find anything.

I would vote this to be the most obsolete part on a 65-68 911/912. Does anyone offer something else up for that category?

Quote Originally Posted by CDOUGLEHMAN View Post
    SWB cars have three of these plug mounts for the three plugs that go into the front Trunk under the dash board driver side these are the plugs that come from the blinkers ignition switch and turn signals and light switch . On the trunk side
    these mounts are in front of the fuse panel these actually go into the fire wall and stabilize the the connections

Looks like a nice offering
    Nice explanation!!! I sent you a PM back.

yes i'll take 6 PM sent
    65 911 FIA Race Car
    66 911 RHD - full restoration under-way
    67 911S
    74 Carrera US Spec
    81 911SC - thinks its a 74 RSR

I still have these available

Bumpity bump