Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Too Dangerous to Drive

Too Dangerous to Drive

Early S Registry #235
    rgruppe #111

"Gimme danger little stranger" sang Iggy who isnt supposed to be alive still. My 52 356 was diabolical but maybe the most fun car Ive had, at least until my Alfa 4C. Have fun now.

Banned
    Your comment Tom is masterfully dripping with sarcasm.

Old 911s can frankly be one of the most predictable cars to control oversteer on in the proper hands. They don't "snap" like mid engine cars do. Much of the problem back in the day was the ridiculous ride heights and soft suspension.

"10 Incredibly dangerous cars to drive" list has absolutely no cred at all without the Isetta being at the top of the list.

I cannot open the link, but on a light note
    my grand mother was deemed too dangerous to drive.
    In defence of the police she did nearly blow up a neighbourhood when she drove into a bulk LPG gas storage silo knocking it off its footings
    Mark

Banned
    lol.

Post Grandma's pic plz.

member #1515
    My Grand mother had a lead foot too, I dug her Corvair Monza out of a couple of snowdrifts. On holiday she got stopped at over 100 through the Florida everglades in my grandfathers Rambler station wagon.
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs

Grandmother vs. utility pole, c. 1946. Marks on windshield made by unrestrained front seat passenger, me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    I suppose you can be lighthearted about it now but I'm sure at the time it was terrible. Isn't it amazing to think about how dangerous old cars were/are?

PSA: Please use your seat belts. For driver and passengers.

An acquaintance passed away last week because he didn't have his seat belt on when someone turned in front of him. He could have also laughed about it someday had he been wearing one.

Quote Originally Posted by 66S View Post
    "Gimme danger little stranger" sang Iggy who isnt supposed to be alive still. My 52 356 was diabolical but maybe the most fun car Ive had, at least until my Alfa 4C. Have fun now.
    Alfa 4C... you da man!
    Joe Annicelli
    Early 911S Registry #751
    Polo Red/Black 1967 Porsche 911S Coupe "Walter"
    Black/Red 1967 Alfa GTJr. Coupe "Nero"
    Italian Red 1994 Ducati 900SS/SP looks fast standing still
    Italian Red 1957 Gilera 150 Sport

Ahhhh the sixties... I envision myself one early Saturday morning wearing plaid shorts, black shoes with white socks smoking a cigarette heading to the hardware store to buy a bag of nails.
    SWB cars are an acquired taste however once acquired theirs no turning back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    "10 Incredibly dangerous cars to drive" list has absolutely no cred at all without the Isetta being at the top of the list.

I beg to differ... an Isetta is a mirthful conveyance, not a car.

Those crack researchers also left out the venerable VW bus, universally recognized as the most dangerous vehicle of all time.

Got tossed from one once in a 30mph head-on, which probably saved my life. But that was just luck... sorry for your loss, Frank.

Let's all use the Google for "mechanized death" and remember that nearly everything on the road was a deathtrap.
    Russ

ESR # 1537

'62 356S Notchback Hotrod
    '67 S Das Geburtstagsgeschenk
    '68 T Targa Sportomatic
    '68 L SW Targa Sportomatic
    '70 914/6 GT