Thread: Rubber tube between cross member and rear seats

Rubber tube between cross member and rear seats

Does anybody out there have the ID and OD of the rubber tube used to seal the gap between the cross member and the rear seat panel? Mine went missing and I would like to source the right size.

Many thanks,

JK

There is a difference in the tube between swb and lwb cars. The style of tube is also different. Herman

Thanks for pointing that out Herman, I am looking for dimensions, material and color of the SWB tube. My flaky memory tels me that it was just black rubber but I could be wrong

black rubber with yellow foam insert...early cars also had nylon,rubber or plastic(black or natural nylon colored) endcaps.
    some non endcap tubes had the ends sealed with tar or bitumen to avoid water going in.
    there may be other versions as well ...
    don`t have my samples handy but if no one else can help you with dimensions ....i may consider digging for it(btw sorry for not answering your mail...)
    Attached Images Attached Images   

the diameter of the rubber tube is 22mm ,,the diameter of the cap is 28 with something like +/-2,5mm wallthickness.

Hi Franz,

Thanks a lot for posting. Very helpfull. Do you have an idea what the wall thicknes is of the rubber tube? Am I right in understanding that it is filled with the yellow foam and the end caps are seperate, black foam and can be removed?

Many thanks,
    J.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Hi Franz,

Thanks a lot for posting. Very helpfull. Do you have an idea what the wall thicknes is of the rubber tube? Am I right in understanding that it is filled with the yellow foam and the end caps are seperate, black foam and can be removed?

Many thanks,
    J.
    took more precise measurements today

tube
    total length 940mm
    ad 22mm
    wallthickness 1,2-1,3mm

endcaps
    ad28mm
    id24mm
    length 44mm

both are black rubber.. similar shore endcaps slightly harder

foam is black

endcaps glued with contact glue (yellowish pattex?)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi Franz,

Thanks for that, very helpful. Surprised about just how thin the black tube is. So to summarize, you have a thin rubber tube which is filled with black foam and sealed by two rubber end caps?

I will see what I can cobble together and report back here.

J.

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Hi Franz,

Thanks for that, very helpful. Surprised about just how thin the black tube is. So to summarize, you have a thin rubber tube which is filled with black foam and sealed by two rubber end caps?

J.
    so it is....