Quote Originally Posted by Bill Simmeth View Post
What's the scoop on the cars that get the larger pictures on their site? Does the seller pay extra for that or is that an 'editorial' decision?
Bill,

I believe it's up to the BaT rep. ("Auction manager" as they are referred to.) I'm sure one can request it.

In regard to the Reserve: Who can blame them for attempting to negotiate it down? Everyone wants a sale. In all fairness my rep tried several times to persuade me to put a reserve of 80k on my 70T so you can't accuse them of being too one-sided.

BTW: I don't care how engaged or entertaining a seller is; if it's not what buyers want it ain't gonna bid up. I believe that's one of the main differences between typical charlatan auction houses and BaT. A bidder is much more likely to have his wits about him sitting in his underwear at home rather than strutting like a peacock in a big crowd (possibly with a camera on him) where the attention and fanfare is intoxicating. As long as buying collector cars is seen as entertainment I'm afraid we're stuck with the high profile auction companies where buyers often purchase cars that they really don't love.