Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: RENNSPORT VI through JZG's lens............my last Hurrah.

I reviewed this thread in the last day or two to answer a question from someone, when it struck me that this is really an unfinished work in progress where I simply stopped posting and went off to do something else..............in short, I owe you folks more before I can be satisfied & call it done.

So, to continue with more from the paddock, some interesting personal favorites, some shots from the track and more general details from an intensly enjoyable weekend.

JZG
    Attached Images Attached Images           
    Before it became Ruprecht, my Porsche was a '70 911 T

Paying member No. 895 since 2006

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."
    Rob Dickinson's response when asked what motivated him to build Singers

Some more general interest subjects.

" slavish adherence to originality wasn't for me, because the car wasn't as good as it could be."

An entire set devoted tro one seemingly significant but sadly, unidentified and unknown 550 A Spyder. I ran across this apparition in one of the aisles along with a sizable crowd of equally stunned and curious folks, confronting the owner with a million questions, but unfortunately no coherent answers. Every question was batted aside with mysterious sounding cutsie quips and a total lack of real, meaningful information. Yes, yes, I know it's his car, he doesn't owe anyone any answers blah, blah blah, but to bring it to Rennsport and thento be coy about it makes no sense whatsoever.

I looks enough like the real thing, but I just ouldn't get near and see the serial number tag...................... perhaps the Cuban plate explains the need for the seemingly clandestine & conspiratorial circumspection on the owner's part - I found it very annoying. The thing looked original & authentic, heavily patinated but not really abused or neglected, in fact the engine looked positively pristine. Didin't see or hear it run - sure would love to hear and know more about this find.

Quote Originally Posted by John Z Goriup View Post
    unidentified and unknown 550 A Spyder... Every question was batted aside with mysterious sounding cutsie quips and a total lack of real, meaningful information...
    The thing looked original & authentic, heavily patinated but not really abused or neglected, in fact the engine looked positively pristine.
    John, it has a faux engine (a pushrod engine made to look like a 4-cam) and a VW transmission...

Jon B.
    Vista, CA

Thanks for that, Jon B.

Another set of various details and cars spotted while wandering the paddock.

Another set of miscellaneous things I saw in the pits. including an interesting 356 Coupe ( images #8, 9 & 10 ) made to mimic a Zagato 'Double Bubble' - a neat idea the Italian styling house used on almost every marque for whom they drew up sporting coupes at one time or another.

Fantastic pictures again John - Can't get enough of 'm and i keep telling myself; next time I'm going to be there!

The last set from the paddock.............for what it may be worth, .the orange-colored RS clone ( photo #8 ) was offered for sale at $87,500
    Last edited by John Z Goriup; 10-19-2018 at 05:51 AM.

Thank you so much for posting Pictures.

The red 904 wasn´t for sale?

The penultimate set from RR VI.