Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Might have found a car for long term resto

Garth,
    40K€ is close enough to 40K Chf and to 40K $ to not matter if the right car comes along. 911, matching numbers. No 912. Coupe, no targas. As for the rest, I want a project. Something that I can restore/work on/tinker. Of course no train wreck like the 2.2 subject of this thread. If I can choose (beggars are not choosers), then a 70 or 71, but in fact anything lwb would be perfect. I don't want a SWB because I'd feel obligated to make it factory correct, which migh restrict me somewhat.

I * want* to see you in a Dirndl.

Tangerine, good idea. I'll try and ask them. I hope they're not too cross that I told them their registration papers for the car are wrong, making it almost impossible to sell...

Banned
    George,
    Here's the COA; I should have pics to you today.

I gotta think the ski rack is a cool option for you. Here in Scottsdale only D-bags drive around with ski racks on their Porsches.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Beverly Hills Car Club

'. . . The 1971 Porsche 911T shown here with matching numbers is available in this gorgeous color combination of white with black interior. It is equipped with a 5-speed manual transmission, Weber carburetors, Fuchs wheels and includes the jack and spare tire. The Porsche has lots of potential, and has had the same owner for many years and has just recently come out of storage. For $36,500 . . .'

https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/...11t-c-8594.htm

(Not mine)

Dunno what your shipping costs + taxes/duties/etc are --- but I would start negotiating @<$25k

And --- depending on who you have in mind/access to for repairs/restoration . . . you might even get some of the metal work done here in CA prior to

Would definitely require a proper/closer inspection, but . . .

. . . might be worth a plane trip?

Last edited by LongRanger; 10-13-2018 at 04:34 PM.

We Can Be Heroes

Hi Rick,
    Interesting car, with some serious rust underneath, but could be a candidate.
    Might have a good one lined up, though. Hopeful.
    Thanks.

We Can Be Heroes

If you would've built something under this starting in 2006 like I told you, you'd have something by now ...

Name:  9 004 mcintyre shop 2006.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  104.6 KB

Hey Curt, good to see you here as well.
    Good memories. You midwest team are in great part responsible for my wanting an early car for so long.
    Now to wait another few weeks.

Any üpdates to share? . . .

. . . REAL curious about the process of importation/transportation/registration in CH

We Can Be Heroes

Hi Rick,
    Yes. Car bought, paid, and waiting at the shippers'. Should embark on a cargo this week, for an arrival around Christmas.
    I have found a 4th 6X15 wheel, so I'll have the choice between the 14" and the 15", and an alloy rear lid (not correct, but it is so cool, might use it anyway).

Hey, George . . .

. . . you might wanna consider your tire choices when picking wheels. Everybody complains about proper hi-performance 15" tires, so I would imagine 14" would be even worse?

And what's this about an alu lid not being 'correct'? 'Cause the one I found/installed? . . .

. . . = 911E

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post475237

And you didn't mention what kind of 'E' you have --- Porsche- or Karmann-built . . . and I can't say for sure just when these alu lids were first installed --- but Karmann stamped theirs w/the last few digits of their vehicles' production number . . .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=karmann

. . . sooooooo . . .

We Can Be Heroes