Thread: Interesting rear seat upholstery options

Interesting rear seat upholstery options

Had this stuck in the 911L/911S cars for sale thread where it really didn't belong. The silver car has a piece of vinyl joining the two high rim rear seats, Makes the rear seats look more like a “back seat” rather than the usual indents. Wonder if this was a factory option? Picture displayed is from a factory prototype I was referencing the cars at #2039 and #2040 in . http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...r-Sale/page204 Felt guilty about hijacking so I moved it over here and deleted my entry there.Name:  seat inserts not 911S.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  147.5 KBName:  Wishes family tartan.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  120.5 KB

Never officially an 64-73 option for rear seat trim, this I know.

The green car is most likely the ex-Ferry Porsche owned 72S.
    The 901, i recall yes, they/some had this trim design. More pics exists.
    Registry member No.773

Doubtful on the green 911. Look closely at the option details. Also, Ferry wouldn't have likely used that combination, particularly in that period. Still, it's interesting.

We could ask John Z Goriup whose car it was. He might know if it was standard. I think of more interest is the leather/leatherette piece joining the rimmed rear seats together on the other picture. Could not find another picture Karim but I'm sure you are probaly correct. The 901 site pictures are really blurry on my computer.

OK, if if was John's it is definitely NOT factory. Also, look closely at the door handle, vent window, and you can even see the rocker trim to help confirm. Last, look at the seat insert texture. Perhaps it helps that I was around when these things were new.

Sorry. Didn't mean to imply it was John's car but merely that he took the picture. See his signature at the bottom. I'm more interested in the piece circled in red as below. Was this standard in any 901/911? Karim suggests early cars (901?). I know that the seat rims were in '66 cars and '67 "S" models.

Name:  rear seat.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  19.0 KB

On travel but you can find pics of 901 interiors in Brian Long‘s book.
    As of the green car, agree, could also be a custom made.
    Registry member No.773