Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small details make a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernThrux View Post
    Speaking of small details, the Stoddard one is wrong for early cars. It's a couple of mm too thick.

Ravi
    What is your definition of an early car?

Who sells the correct fit welting for 1971?
    Cheers,

Jones...
    early S # 2626
    '71 911T
    '05 BMW 330ci
    '22 Wills Sainte Claire
    '96 S10 truck

Quote Originally Posted by smedley View Post
    Re: "original Bosch"

SWF has been THE original supplier to the Porsche factory assembly line for wiper blades from the early 356 days.

Parts houses and even dealers sold Bosch replacements as they were more readily available and cheaper.

From your photos, your original early mounted blade looks like an early SWF unit, not Bosch. The loose, unmounted unit is obviously generic after market Bosch.

Look closely at your original blade frame...is the tiny "SWF" diamond mark there on the frame near the center pivot?

Today, even the current factory supplied SWFs look very much like the generic Bosch with a broader open "ladder" frame.

I find the original narrow SWFs in the bottom of boxes at swap meets today...usually as an after thought attached to the arms that the seller is trying to sell.
    PN is 901-503-394-22. AASE sells both offerings, i.e. OE supplier and from PORSCHE...likely the same part in the end and inexpensive...just bought a pair of the PORSCHE brand...think they were less than $4.00 each.

My post above relates to the question JONES asked about where to buy the fender beading...nothing to do with the SWF wiper discussion.

4mm or 6mm width Porsche sells both. Dont ask me why?
    Bill Barnich
    R Gruppe Nr.230
    Early S Nr.960
    71 911T/2.7 Tangarine
    73 911?/3.6 work in progress

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WCB4 View Post
    4mm or 6mm width Porsche sells both. Dont ask me why?
    I believe in about '87 Porsche started using the wider; can only assume it gave them greater latitude in covering up vices.

Wider looks stupid on early cars... and provides fodder for suspicion.

Thanks for the info on the welting guys.
    Cheers,

Jones...
    early S # 2626
    '71 911T
    '05 BMW 330ci
    '22 Wills Sainte Claire
    '96 S10 truck