Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help all Porsche Kremer experts!

Question Help all Porsche Kremer experts!

Some two years ago I was lucky enough to buy a perfectly restored rolling chassis of one of those rare ’68/'69 911S beasts (first LWB, MFI, 170hp). It was an 18-year old restoration, organized by a former RS club president who had run out of money, but kept the project. I felt so happy to have found a car to round out my little collection (a ’72 2.4S and a 1976 Ur-Turbo). And even happier after finding out that the original owners of my project were none others than the Kremer brothers! Living in Germany, I tried to find their (or rather the surviving brother Manfred’s) whereabouts just to learn he was living somewhere in Spain. It was through a member of this very forum who had a holiday home in Spain that I first got in touch and later became friends with Manfred Kremer. How lucky can you be?!

I wonder whether any of you can help me find out whether my car had a racing history. Unfortunately, Manfred Kremer doesn’t have full records dating back to 1968/69, so he can’t tell. But my car did have a racing clutch, points for a cage, and the block had a damage that (according to the old Kremer mechanic who is now fully rebuilding my engine) might stem from a connecting rod issue — maybe it was this car (http://www.racingsportscars.com/etcc...-07-27-043.jpg) which was one of the few race 911S with a sliding roof and didn't finish because of a connecting rod problem?

My second question refers to the parts that came with this car. On top of the original cylinders I have a set of Chromal coated Mahle cylinders that, we suspect, might be for a Porsche 906. Who can I turn to with data, photos & measurements?

I much appreciate your help!

Mike

P. S. Should you be interested in photos of Manfred Kremer today, please let me know

Registry member# 206 fourteenten's Avatar
    Anyting in the Kremer Story book? Pictures, VIN etc would certainly help.

Good luck,

Cees

Another GT-S?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemismikem View Post
    . . . Some two years ago I was lucky enough to buy a perfectly restored rolling chassis of one of those rare ’68/'69 911S beasts (first LWB, MFI, 170hp) . . .
    Interesting. Porsche's 1st racing LWBs seem to 've had some rather-special details/interesting lives. Another threade --- see post #27 . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...n-models/page3

Take special note of the 'body' + 'chassis' numbers

. . . wonder whether any of you can help me find out whether my car had a racing history . . .
    Could you post your VIN?

And any details/pics to share? . . . history, body-work construction/composition, especially.

. . . and welcome aboard!

Jeez. What a way to join the board!
    Last edited by LongRanger; 10-19-2015 at 05:37 AM.

We Can Be Heroes

Name:  DSCN1081.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  98.3 KBName:  DSCN1083.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  64.2 KBName:  DSCN1084.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  66.0 KBName:  DSCN1082.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  48.0 KBHi and thanks for the warm welcome!

My car was built in Sept. 1968 with the Kremer brothers as first owners (and then only three further owners), taken off the road in 1979 and then restored and presented on the Porsche Classic Club stand at Technoclassica in 1996. Project was continued two years ago by me and will hopefully be finished in early 2016. We have used original and NOS parts only, and I was lucky to win over the original chief mechanic of Porsche Kremer for an engine rebuild (new NOS cylinders and pistons). Unfortunately parts prices are exploding, but we're almost there.

Oh, and my VIN is 119 30 15X.

BTW: Any definitive knowledge on black or car color for engine bay, luggage compartment, wheelhouses, undercarriage? We have conflicting information from Porsche company and Freisinger on the one hand and your very authoritative and definitive 1969 911S guide. Much appreciated!

Name:  IMG_0698.jpg
Views: 685
Size:  99.7 KB
    Last edited by Mikemismikem; 10-22-2015 at 11:36 AM.

Do you have a copy of the Kardex of your car?

Interesting car by the way. I hope you will collect information about it.

Mike, engine looks great, we should compare notes. I own an early 69S, chassis 11930015x
    Phil Hindley
    Tech 9 Motorsport
    United Kingdom

www.tech-9.co.uk

Early S registry membership #2207

65 911 Racecar
    82 911 SC Coupe
    91 944 Turbo

. . . BTW: Any definitive knowledge on black or car color for engine bay, luggage compartment, wheelhouses, undercarriage? We have conflicting information from Porsche company and Freisinger on the one hand and your very authoritative and definitive 1969 911S guide . . .
    Here's a threade --- 'bout a '69 . . . that you might find useful . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=storied

Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We Can Be Heroes

Hi,

Yes, I have the Certificate of Authenticity, all numbers matching luckily. Car was delivered (and will be finished) in light ivory, with sliding roof, tinted windows, rear w wiper, sports seats.

Thanks for your interest!

Mike

Wow, Phil, that's a very nice coincidence. Will get in touch if you don't mind. Would love to hear more about the sister car.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    Here's a threade --- 'bout a '69 . . . that you might find useful . . .
    http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...hlight=storied

Hope this helps
    LongRanger: Thanks so much! Extremely helpful link. Mike