Thread: Porsche Motor Search

Porsche Motor Search

Posted on our FB page...

http://www.porschemotorsearch.com/
    Peter Kane

'72 911S Targa
    Message Board Co-Moderator - Early 911S Registry #100

Wasn‘t there a ESR database?
    I was asked to provide the VIN and engine numbers but never got access to the database.

Still working on it?

Dirk,
    If you are a paid member of the club you get a pdf of our 'Car Listing' (roster) every year with all the car info that a paid member is willing to give us....

cm
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Hi Guys,

Let me introduce my self. My name is Omar and I live in Luxembourg. I have been searching for my favorite early 911 engine for years with no luck. I got so fed up with it that I just wanted to find out a better solution. I really want to make that car perfect! That is the reason I created this site (www.porschemotorsearch.com). It has been running now for only 48 hours and I am so surprised how fast it has grown. Engines are running in all the time. Seems to be that there is a will from many to find there original engines as well! Over 100 engines the first 48 hours!

I wanted to make it easy for all of us. I just want to put my number in once and if I am lucky one day there is someone with the engine on the other side. Then I will be automatically notified and thats it. I am ready to pay much more for a matching engine than a "non matching" one. And I dont want to spend any more time for some old style google searches I have been doing for years all around the world and in different languages! NO LUCK. I rather work on my car or drive it!

So here we go and the site is open for everyone. There might be changes that we will do based on the feedback we get from the users, but now the most important is the functionality. We need to see that this works and we will develop it as it goes. All ideas are highly appreciated! We really dont know what the best solution would be. I just thought that a "tinder" for Porsches would be a solution people like.

Hope you like it guys and good luck with the matches! I will let you know when I find mine

Omar
    Last edited by k24032; 11-05-2018 at 01:22 AM.
    Porsche Coupe 1966 (6605 Bahama Yellow, code 110)
    Porsche 911 T targa 1971 (1410 signal orange)
    Porsche 911 T targa 1972 (6210 light yellow)
    Porsche 911 E targa 1973 (2310 tangerine)
    Porsche 911 E coupe 1973 (Special color option)

Hi,

No the page charges nothing! The page will automatically connect you two if there is a match. You and the other part will deal directly together. I really dont have time to make some engine deals. The purpose of this page is to help us classic Porsche lovers to "put history back together" and find the missing engines. Finding the heart of your car. Why should I charge? There is still something called god will in this world. I just think it is to time consuming to search for engines the old way without a smart system.

I have payed for setting this up and will pay for keeping it running. If I for some reason have to change this from a free service, I will inform you all about that. Just hope we can keep it like this. The Porsche shops that have already requested to have adds/links on our page, will pay if we will allow that. So far we have decided not to take any adds. Also if we later do we would prefer to have the really high end Shops in the world, the shops that understand what classic car artwork and perfection is.

Thank you for the question, and we will try to clarify it on the page. Remember the page has been there for 2 days so everything is new for us as well and we will develop it as it goes. All comments are highly appreciated.

Regards
    Omar
    Last edited by k24032; 11-05-2018 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soterik View Post
    Hi, So if I give you the number of the engine I am searching for (for my 67S soft window targa that is a basket case), and someone has given you that exact number and it's in your database. Do you charge me any money to put me together with that person who has that engine? Do you charge the person who has the engine I want? If so, how much? Yes, I agree that finding a matching engine is more preferable than finding something close (which I have done).

Thanks,
    Eric
    Hi Eric, please read the upper one. Did not understand how this "reply with Quote" works. Now i do

I did just try to enter a couple of engine numbers that I would like to offer as “OFFER MY NON MATCHING NUMBER MOTOR”, and unfortunately, i could not enter any numbers in the motor number area. This was on my phone, but I was able to get it to work on my computer. Just an FYI
    LOOKING FOR:
    ENGINE Nos: 4080191, 911669
    GEARBOX Nos: 9282004, 131410, 115639

1967 Porsche 911 P.A.R.T. Trans Am Rally Kit #308107
    1968 Porsche 911S Sebring GT class winner #11800224
    1971 Porsche 911S Targa Conda Green
    1973 Porsche 2.8 RSR ex-Targa Florio, 2xLeMans #9113600894

That is awesome Omar!!!
    72 911S Targa #0807 95+% German.

Paul Harrop 12.5% German.

Early S #2059

Quote Originally Posted by alarson11 View Post
    I did just try to enter a couple of engine numbers that I would like to offer as “OFFER MY NON MATCHING NUMBER MOTOR”, and unfortunately, i could not enter any numbers in the motor number area. This was on my phone, but I was able to get it to work on my computer. Just an FYI
    Hi, I am really not a computer guy. I think it was done for a computer only. To have some phone apps I think we need to code something differently. There might be some bugs here in the beginning, but Tuomas is a real pro as he has been building systems for banks. He is the guy behind the coding. I am just a garage guy. We will do our best to fix the bugs. But there is a lot of data coming in now.

The only problem with a private database is that both parties need to find your site first. I would suggest making the numbers public so search engines pick them up and then you can make the connection privately. If someone posts their engine number in our "Lost and Found" thread, the search engines pick it up within 48 hours and then a generic web search will lead the person back to ESR to register and connect with a buyer and seller.