Thread: Please help: flasher relay attachment

Please help: flasher relay attachment

Hello everyone,
    I am fitting some electric components to my 68 T on course of restoration.
    Can anyone tell me how the round relay (the one on the right), attaches to the body?
    Over its location, there is a 5-6 mm hole that can be seen on the trunk compartment next to smugglers box cover... my question is because I have seen many photos from other trunks and The hole looks empty, showing there is nothing the to hold the relay...

Here is a photo to show what I am talking about:

Name:  0147C9FE-BCDC-49EA-8421-082D113C883D.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  85.3 KB

The picture you are showing is from the footwell bank of relay and not from the trunk. This would likely be a flasher for the hazard (if I am not mistaken) - in my 66 the flasher is indeed in the trunk, below the fresh air cowl on the right hand side left of the fuse bank. It is held by a piece of metal pinching the round flasher upside down (flat top against the sheet metal, wire up towards the lid) - Some flashers are attached wired connection down with a plastic holder like this:

mathieulecomte, that is not the relay I am talking about...
    The one you refer to is the turn signal relay and the one I am talking about is the flashing hazard light, on the pedal area, as stated on the first photo I posted.

Over it there is a hole on the body that appears in the trunk next to smugglers box cover. Here is a picture:Name:  BF781938-F3CC-467B-A296-AEDA483524D6.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  71.7 KB

My question is: does this hole has something to do with the relay’s attachment to the body. How is this relay attached to the body?

The top of the relay has a metal clip. It clips to a piece of the sheet metal that sticks out down there. Get down and look, you will find it.

Behold my definitive treatise on the subject .

http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...elays-Analyzed

You can kind of see the clip in post 11
    1966 911 #304065 Irischgruen

Actually the metal clip on the relay has a tab that fits in the hole and clamps on the surrounding sheetmetal .

Thank you both for your help!