Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Stolen engine No.6111743 - Porsche 911 T 1971 in Switzerland

Any update / news?
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    Any update / news?
    Among with dozen other ex-clients, our lawyers opened a criminal case.
    Personally i contacted over a dozen dealers and adresses, so far no good news.
    I still love my car, lets see what the future brings.
    Here btw a short story on the car, published recently by Porsche:https://www.porsche.com/microsite/91...4caf283f1a0032
    Registry member No.773

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Among with dozen other ex-clients, our lawyers opened a criminal case.
    Personally i contacted over a dozen dealers and adresses, so far no good news.
    I still love my car, lets see what the future brings.
    Here btw a short story on the car, published recently by Porsche:https://www.porsche.com/microsite/91...4caf283f1a0032
    Ciao Karim ... cars may have a soul, thieves have definitly not ...

All the best!

Massimo
    Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Hi Karim,
    I have been following this story since the beginning, and I've had my share of early 911 cars, so I sympathize with your sadness and frustration that someone stole your car's engine. Your trust has been violated and your car's provenance has been compromised.
    So now that the anger and frustration have settled a bit, maybe it's now time to move on and simply buy another engine. If it is imperative that you have the same feeling driving the car as you had before, then there are plenty of 125hp 2.2 911T motors out there, and you may well find one that has numbers only a few hundred off from your original engine. So do it.
    On the other hand, perhaps you could also look at this as an opportunity to buy a higher hp motor and put the Umpf in your car that the 125hp T motor couldn't deliver. Most of us 911T owners love our cars and find the engine power adequate for day to day driving. But I, and I expect many others, often dream of putting a more powerful engine in our early cars that make us tingle when we take the car to 7k revs' and listen to and feel the power of a pure go kart that is on the edge.
    Go buy one of these engines and enjoy your car now. If the original engine resurfaces, you can hopefully get it back. The soul of your car is not the number stamped on the engine case. It is the overall package, and almost all of the internal parts that add up to the sum can be replaced.
    Look at this as an opportunity to put the engine in your car that you always dreamed of without feeling guilty about destroying the matching numbers collectibility. Someone has already taken that from you, so turn lemons into lemonade and put a fire breathing engine into your blutorange dream car.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    The soul of your car is not the number stamped on the engine case.
    Arguable point.

Quote Originally Posted by gruen911 View Post
    Look at this as an opportunity to put the engine in your car that you always dreamed of without feeling guilty about destroying the matching numbers collectibility. Someone has already taken that from you, so turn lemons into lemonade and put a fire breathing engine into your blutorange dream car.
    Excellent!

Thx to all its comments. My lawyer (and great friend, luckily) is doing the thing when people brake the law.
    Since this story came to light, i can see myself very very lucky. Not only in symbolical or material loss but more important, i still own my car, less its engine.

I have since learned the scale of the actions are behond beleive: Seven figure cars were sold w/o knowledge of owners, parts were taken away and sold when giving in for a restauration...owners were best friends, godfather of the shop owners son (!), Sponsors and rally-partners, clients who payed $$$ to restore a car and learning that, while being in winter storage, it „disappeared“ ie meaning got sold (see Guru‘s case reported in his thread).
    All did a similar mistake with: trust. Everybody trusted, but everybody got f***ed up by him. But what a sickhead this guy is !

In my case, im now sereine.
    My gut feeling prevented me from loosing my car.
    After winter storage at his shop and when late spring i asked why my engine is still not ready, I insisted with vigor to have a spare engine mounted, which is now in the car, running. 2.2l block, my Weber carbs and trans are original and mounted on this spare engine block, I learned.
    This prevented the sale of my car during this summer since i was able to drive it (i over the phone met the person who was offered to buy it in Spring..).
    As of now, we wait what is the outcome of this story.

Meanwhile, im very busy with my life, my other P I also own and, still kicking!
    Name:  AE3AA4FD-BD55-454C-948A-702F14D10068.jpeg
Views: 1002
Size:  289.1 KB
    Last edited by 911T1971; 01-29-2019 at 10:33 AM.
    Registry member No.773

Karim,
    Glad to hear that you were able to move forward and enjoy the car with another engine.
    The best revenge is a happy life...

Quote Originally Posted by 911T1971 View Post
    Thx to all its comments. My lawyer (and great friend, luckily) is doing the thing when people brake the law.
    Since this story came to light, i can see myself very very lucky. Not only in symbolical or material loss but more important, i still own my car, less its engine.

I have since learned the scale of the actions are behond beleive: Seven figure cars were sold w/o knowledge of owners, parts were taken away and sold when giving in for a restauration...owners were best friends, godfather of the shop owners son (!), Sponsors and rally-partners, clients who payed $$$ to restore a car and learning that, while being in winter storage, it „disappeared“ ie meaning got sold (see Guru‘s case reported in his thread).
    All did a similar mistake with: trust. Everybody trusted, but everybody got f***ed up by him. But what a sickhead this guy is !

In my case, im now sereine.
    My gut feeling prevented me from loosing my car.
    After winter storage at his shop and when late spring i asked why my engine is still not ready, I insisted with vigor to have a spare engine mounted, which is now in the car, running. 2.2l block, my Weber carbs and trans are original and mounted on this spare engine block, I learned.
    This prevented the sale of my car during this summer since i was able to drive it (i over the phone met the person who was offered to buy it in Spring..).
    As of now, we wait what is the outcome of this story.

Meanwhile, im very busy with my life, my other P I also own and, still kicking!
    Name:  AE3AA4FD-BD55-454C-948A-702F14D10068.jpeg
Views: 1002
Size:  289.1 KB

Reminds me of a guy who, while I was serving in Vietnam and so stupid about these things, removed my original Super 90 motor from my B coupe and replaced it with a hand grenade Normal.

Another one....the owner lost 3 cars, this one was a gift for his wife.

Pics are showing the car while at Flatsixcars GMBH, shop owner Tobias Nussbaum, where it got stolen/taken.

Owner writes the car either got sold or hidden in a criminal act by shop owner Tobias Nussbaum himself.

According to owner, any leads to find the car are rewared with up to Swiss Francs 5000.-.
    No direct affiliation but I can help with Owners adress - ad is from Zwischengas.com
    Here:https://www.zwischengas.com/de/inser...fe6eb375e.html

1970 Porsche 911E Targa
    Chassis 911 0210 317
    Stolen in Switzerland while in shop FlatSixcars GMBH

Name:  F79C3D88-E333-41D3-90C8-40E3E1F4C288.jpeg
Views: 835
Size:  129.5 KB
    Name:  E01A39C6-DB7E-408E-9F49-7B1ADFCB7B53.jpeg
Views: 781
Size:  111.8 KB
    Name:  FDE63907-86D6-4E03-BB9A-C4D6D3F2BE4F.jpeg
Views: 842
Size:  122.7 KB

Sorry for pics sideways, maybe Chuck can change, iphone.
    Registry member No.773

here you go Karim
    i think that this will fix it (I have added the car to my database with a note that it was stolen from Tobias's)
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776