Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate Paint Details Summary Thread for an early 67S

I went through all of this for a December '65 car. Can not guarantee we hit all the details 100% but believe we got darn close. For those looking for info shoot me a PM. Happy to help

Quote Originally Posted by rs-vic View Post
    Thanks, I missed that one. So was the trunk area painted black in its entirety after the fenders were installed?
    Yes, I believe it was. Subsequently several areas were further touched up with a brush

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Absolutely, Fantastic. Thread!!!
    I don't know how I missed this until today.

If you need any additional photos of the car in post #23 I would be happy to take pictures of anything you specifically would like to see. My hand makes a cameo in one of the photos. The car pictured is a 67 912 Karmann.
    Thanks for this remark Steve. I have been wondering whether that was a Karmann. I am not sure whether the areas in front inside the front trunk were masked the same by Porsche.

It would be very nice to get some “all original”/“survivor”/“barn find” pictures of the inner front area of the front trunk of an early 1967 made by Porsche itself to double check the masked areas in http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post995506.
    Last edited by Adore911; 03-24-2019 at 08:04 PM.

Can some members with early 67s help here?
    Pictures of the inner front side of the trunk would help here.
    Thanks a lot in advance!

So what is the consensus on the area behind the fresh air grill at the front hood, black or body color?

Quote Originally Posted by rs-vic View Post
    So what is the consensus on the area behind the fresh air grill at the front hood, black or body color?
    Black clothtaped

Quote Originally Posted by 718RSK View Post
    Black clothtaped
    Thanks Joris. Body colour with black cloth tape. Any good pictures of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Adore911 View Post
    Thanks for this remark Steve. I have been wondering whether that was a Karmann. I am not sure whether the areas in front inside the front trunk were masked the same by Porsche.

It would be very nice to get some “all original”/“survivor”/“barn find” pictures of the inner front area of the front trunk of an early 1967 made by Porsche itself to double check the masked areas in http://www.early911sregistry.org/for...l=1#post995506.
    After further investigations, it seems that Karmann applied more masking in the trunk, than Porsche Itself while applying underseal. For a Porsche made early 67s, apparently no masking is used on:
    - the top holder where the wish washer bottle is screwed on to
    - at the hole at the under front lock (inside car)
    - at the four holes to acces the front bumper

Not sure whether the area behind the relais in the left front corner is masked by Porsche.

I would like to ask once more the owners of a 67s to post some pictures, while describing what is supposed to be original in the frunk and what not. When someone shows his car, they are quick to tell what is wrong...

New pictures I obtained so far are:

Name:  88EC32EE-C2FC-4AA7-9B2E-261D04363CD5.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  88.7 KB

Name:  FAA5AEF9-C8E2-47D7-95D2-9E6CEA3CA6B0.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  149.7 KB

Name:  AC60F6F2-6FDB-4DEB-A04B-B53498C9D4F1.jpg
Views: 721
Size:  61.0 KB

Name:  38AC4329-86A5-427F-AAA7-89E9D636904E.jpg
Views: 729
Size:  95.7 KB

Name:  501467B3-1564-46B0-8C2A-601A5F3335AC.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  91.4 KB

great thread for me!
    LOOKING FOR 1967S TRANSMISSION #103586
    Looking For 1969T Engine #6195922
    Looking For 1969T Transmission #7194313

Looking for 1969T Transmission #7195495
    www.tcspeed.com

I hope you don't mind if I submit a question on a Targa built Dec 3 1967... In regards to the "dog leg" portion of the front fenders. Your step 3 has a picture, i believe it was originally taken by Jim B., showing black painting on the inside surface. I believe tis painting stops approximately were my top arrow in picture shows.. Also is it possible that the bottom of this area formed by the rocker would have been painted black? thanks...Name:  botton of dog leg.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  35.9 KBName:  painting dogleg inside.jpg
Views: 513
Size:  47.7 KBName:  1968doglegpaint.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  71.0 KB
    Last edited by bob joyce; 11-11-2020 at 08:31 AM. Reason: picture