Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WTB: original small lock nuts used to secure bumper deco's on SWB cars

WTB: original small lock nuts used to secure bumper deco's on SWB cars

Hi,

I am looking for a handful of the small lock nuts (with the metal locks) which are used to hold the deco's to the bumpers.

TIA,

Joris

Why not use modern nylock nuts --

https://www.belmetric.com/metric-nylock-nuts-c-3_752/
    John Schiavone

Connecticut

356 Cab, 66 911, 914-6, 550-Beck, 981 Cayman, 54 MV Agusta Dustbid

Quote Originally Posted by John912 View Post
    not 100% sure what drives Joris but i today found out that one of the lock nuts for the engine lid hinge on my current project is probably incorrect ..for a 2nd quarter of 65 car i know the answer but for a 64 built....??.i think i can`t sleep tonight
    Attached Images Attached Images

The nut on the right, Franz (Moito), is what is called a Fuji nut in these parts. One advantage of this type of nut versus the nyloc is that Fuji nuts turn onto a stud with much less friction than a nyloc. For the bumper deco application this might not be a big deal, but with the more fragile rear deck lid studs the Fuji offer less hazard, and hold against loosening very well. There are other places in our cars that Fuji nuts were used. Perhaps some enthusiast will want to start a thread recording the results of a hunt for these nuts on original cars.

fuji style nuts are cool
    Mark

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Morris View Post
    The nut on the right, Franz (Moito), is what is called a Fuji nut in these parts. One advantage of this type of nut versus the nyloc is that Fuji nuts turn onto a stud with much less friction than a nyloc. For the bumper deco application this might not be a big deal, but with the more fragile rear deck lid studs the Fuji offer less hazard, and hold against loosening very well. There are other places in our cars that Fuji nuts were used. Perhaps some enthusiast will want to start a thread recording the results of a hunt for these nuts on original cars.
    I get it but still think Dr. Porsche would be shaking his head seeing all of this silly minutia. Not saying I have a Fujinut allergy; just think it's ridiculous to get so caught up in a piece of hardware that a car manufacturer arbitrarily selected during production.

I make this statement as I am thinking about all of the places I can go to harvest nuts.

Mr. Beck
    Please understand that sillyness to you is interesting, fun, important to others. Your continued demeaning of those participants is lessening the usage of this forum.

Banned
    Phil,

Not sure if there's a shortage of humor in MI or if the cold has something to do with being over-sensitive but the candy-as, over-reaction to satire and my self deprecating comments is boring. Do you not understand that I was poking fun at myself in this? I can think something is stupid and absurd and join right along in the frivolity.

I would love to know why grown men are so offended by the opinions of others. Please explain why that hurts your feelings so much.

(If you want a community where everyone kisses one another's as, join Facebook.)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    I get it but still think Dr. Porsche would be shaking his head seeing all of this silly minutia. Not saying I have a Fujinut allergy; just think it's ridiculous to get so caught up in a piece of hardware that a car manufacturer arbitrarily selected during production.

I make this statement as I am thinking about all of the places I can go to harvest nuts.
    yes-also over here in austria this year was a superb nut year...80kg of walnut alone from this tree in front of my house

had a look at my drawers today and fortunatly i found an other two sets of the same nut on the left side of my pic which i date coded 69 when i took it off the car.

now i will go to bed...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Phil,

Not sure if there's a shortage of humor in MI or if the cold has something to do with being over-sensitive but the candy-as, over-reaction to satire and my self deprecating comments is boring. Do you not understand that I was poking fun at myself in this? I can think something is stupid and absurd and join right along in the frivolity.

I would love to know why grown men are so offended by the opinions of others. Please explain why that hurts your feelings so much.

(If you want a community where everyone kisses one another's as, join Facebook.)
    very glad you clarified how you meant it--i was about to sign off here