Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beck's needs Techs

Banned

Beck's needs Techs

I'm casting my net wide; one never knows when overlap may occur.

It's no mystery that this industry is suffering from a shortage of qualified workers. Candidly the future doesn't look bright. However, I am convinced that there are still individuals out there who love cars and actually enjoy fixing them. The challenge is finding the ones who want to do it for a living. Ultimately this situation will affect all car enthusiasts. When the brain drain from seasoned mechanics isn't passed on to the next gen, enthusiasts suffer.

The difference in attitude between a crusty guy like me and this new generation is breathtaking. I have actually presented employees with an opportunity for future equity ownership and they pass. When you offer someone a job, a stake in your company, AND they get to witness firsthand the fruits of the biz (Racing, acquisition of some truly cool cars, and a nice income being on the top of the list.) and they respond with "No Thanks" I'm puzzled to say the least.

So here's the ad:

Beck's European in Scottsdale, AZ. is looking for qualified trainees and experienced technicians.
    M-F.
    Race weekends if you want. Includes race pay and travel expenses.
    Full health benefits.
    Generous PTO.
    Porsche Technicians start at 75k and easily surpass 100k for a seasoned go-getter.

Contact frank at becks european. com

Thanks.

beckseuropean.com

Will you fly me 1st class from NZ for the interview.
    May pay off for you??
    Maybe

Place this as an opportunity of a life time for the correct and focused member of our planet.

If me and my son lived State side I would be pushing him through Franks door on his OWN merits and let the cards fall

Opportunity of a life time,,

Hard old bosses are hard for a reason

Aint that how we old buggers learnt
    Last edited by NZVW; 11-16-2018 at 02:53 AM.
    Mark

Banned
    You lost me at "1st Class".

Prima Donna Kiwi sounds like a hostile takeover to me.

Maybe but us Kiwis know what 12hrs work a day is.
    Yip we do Az temps too.
    Find time for a brew after that and reflect on whats been learnt
    Very Prima Donna ish
    Just hard Yakka provides the joy of a profession of passion

Nothing Hostile ,,,,, but what ya want for your whole Company nuts and all???
    Mark

I'm an instructor and program leader of the automotive department at a college on the west coast of Canada, we have about 180 students per year coming through our apprenticeship programs... There are still enthusiastic young people that want to become mechanics/technicians out there, but for sure the demand for techs from industry is the highest I've ever seen it. I will post a copy of your ad in case someone is looking for a good opportunity in the USA.

Good luck with the search!
    Cheers,

Jones...
    early S # 2626
    '71 911T
    '05 BMW 330ci
    '22 Wills Sainte Claire
    '96 S10 truck

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones View Post
    I'm an instructor and program leader of the automotive department at a college on the west coast of Canada, we have about 180 students per year coming through our apprenticeship programs... There are still enthusiastic young people that want to become mechanics/technicians out there, but for sure the demand for techs from industry is the highest I've ever seen it. I will post a copy of your ad in case someone is looking for a good opportunity in the USA.

Good luck with the search!
    A man after my own heart! Thank you sir!

If I could do anything I wanted for a living it would be to teach boys to become men. If they wanted to work on cars, that would be a bonus.

Banned
    It has occurred to me that it's time to think outside the box given my station and season in life. I certainly enjoy the "nuts and bolts" of my job but loathe the HR part of it.

Given that, I would be eager to explore equity possibilities for a team of talented outsiders who want to own their own shop but can't afford or justify the expense of acquisition or starting from scratch. Imagining a scenario where a cohesive team including service manager/service advisor and 2-3 technicians come in and work 5-6 years toward ownership with an eventual complete baton pass.

It would be a sweet opportunity for the right guys to make a good living while building value of an existing company which they could eventually own. There are worse places than Scottsdale, AZ to live...

Would love to hear thoughts in regard to this business model.

I can’t offer any help but I’m sympathetic to your situation. I’m probably as grey as you and have arrived at the very same stage in working life and young attitudes also astound me here in the UK. I’ve offered the same ‘work and eventually take over’ deal to two young qualified people. An easy way in. No capital required. None of the heartache it took to kick the business off from nothing, opening the doors an hoping for the best. None of the risk. This is a 38 year old business (non automotive) still going like a train with over 90% return customers so the future looks just as bright. Both their answers, ‘I can’t be bothered with all the day to day running of the business, I just want to do the 9-5 job and go home and then forget about it’.

Life must be too easy.

Regards
    Mike
    RS#1551(sold)
    67S
    73E (home after 25 years) and sold again
    Early S reg. #681

Banned
    Amazing.

I am convinced many of these young people don't look any further ahead than their next beer or day off. It truly boggles the mind.

Parents are partially to blame for not teaching work ethic and sense of responsibility; too busy prolonging their children's adolescence.

Would you hire me?

I wouldn’t...
    -Marco
    SReg. #778 OGrp: #8 RGrp: #---
    TLG Auto: Website
    Searching for engine #907495 and gearbox 902/1 #229687