Thread: 4 x early 911/912 hubcaps with colored crests

4 x early 911/912 hubcaps with colored crests

Set of 4 early hubcaps with colored crests, originally from my ’68 (fitted over KPZ chrome steel wheels). KPZ logo visible on the backside of each. No date stamp (believe hubcaps were only date stamped up to 67)

Condition
    - Chrome is in good condition on all caps with a little surface pitting.
    - Two of the crests are complete.
    - Two have chips/missing sections of the black enamel. (Pics below of all four crests)
    - Three have good studs/nuts. One has what looks like spot welds in place of studs

Asking $200 shipped CONUS SOLD

IMG_8074.jpg
    IMG_4277.jpg
    IMG_8419.jpg
    IMG_4945.jpg
    IMG_0961.jpg
    IMG_3323.jpg
    Last edited by neilbedwell; 01-02-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    '68 SWB HotRod 2.8 twin-plug - Blood Orange
    '70 LWB RatRod 2.0 group 2 racecar - Bahia Red
    '95 993 Carrera 4 Daily - Arctic Silver
    http://customerracer.tumblr.com
    R Gruppe #688

Bump & price drop
    R Gruppe #688

Somebody is bound to ask. Are they date stamped? You have to look very closely on the inside near the outer edge. If they are made before late 67, they probably have stamps and a Lemmerz logo. There are people that care about this stuff. I ain't one of them.

Regards

Jim

Thanks Jim. I cleaned a couple of the caps around the rim looking for a date stamp and didn't find anything (just as you stated, I'd read that 67 and earlier were stamped). They came with my '68 912 (which I've owned for 12 years) so my guess is that they were made in early 68. They are gathering dust in my garage so hoping to pass them on to someone who can run them on a car.

Cheers
    Neil
    R Gruppe #688