Thread: Glovebox document wallet identification

Glovebox document wallet identification

I have a number of these but in looking through one is slightly smaller slightly lighter hue and instead of the Porsche crest it has a PORSCHE in upper right inset into a parallelogram.

Curious what years and models had this apply? Very good condition if as I assume it is 356 era. Seem to remember it cropping up but search didn't reveal one.

Another is a totally clear platic wallet with VW - Porsche maroon printed which I assume was for Europe in era when there was joint sales organisation selling PORSCHE and VW

Expect someone knowledgeable knows the details as once I know what they are maybe deserve a home with relavant cars not my drawers

Not at home presently but could add photos later if not obvious from this description.
    Cheers
    S

The parallelogram version logo appeared in the fifties. It was on two different iterations of the documents cover. Porsche industrial engines used a textured red vinyl on a cover that opened like an envelope with a flap. It was on that. It was also used on the usual cover booklet. My industrial engine was a '58/'59 era piece and had the envelope and my booklet came with a 356B I once owned. My industrial engine was stand alone ready to be used in a number of ways. A friend has a split window VW firetruck with a Porsche industrial engine for the water pump. It is on a frame that slides out of the cargo area to be operated more easily from outside. Pretty neat piece. All of the pump documents had the same logo.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Thanks for the info Steve. Both the parallelogram and the later clear plastic VW-Porsche one are the regular folded type with usual internal pockets either side for books / papers. Not envelope style closure

Photo of logo on wallet that I now understand is probably from the late fifties Name:  image.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  56.0 KB