Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FS: 1967 911 Coupe Restored

My game..saving Porsches FHernand's Avatar
    Much better. Show some respect for others cars despite them not having exact parts. This is especially true on the "for sale" thread. Not all my clients/owners can afford an exact concours restoration. For the love on God, this is not bebble beach!

As for the other guy who took the liberty to photoshop my picture, find something else to do with your time.
    Last edited by FHernand; 11-24-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    VINTAGE SPORTSCAR RESTORATIONS INC.
    www.vsrestorations.com
    Phoenix OREGON
    Freddie Hernandez
    freddie@vsrestorations.com
    (541) 535-3304
    www.facebook.com/VintageSportscarRestorations

Transmission still 200120? Sold new in massachusetts. Cool to see it survived so well.

~J~
    air cooled only

Quote Originally Posted by FHernand View Post

As for the other guy who took the liberty to photoshop my picture, find something else to do with your time.

NO OFFENCE (it is a nice car) but since i`m (also?) very thin skinned and sometimes even a bit whiny my recomendation for a guy posting pics of his(knowingly incorrect--did he know?) work here would be : even if the customer does not want to pay for the slam panel conversion..do it for free(money ain`t a issue for you since you callenged Jules) and save yourselve a lot of laughter ....or learn how tu use windows paint... dammit i wasted again a lot of time composing this poem.

How about a compromise. Discount the car by $750.00 or offer to make the latch panel repair for the additional cost of the sheet metal and paint (labor free). The object is to get a beautiful car sold to a deserving owner. Restoration design sells the panel for $225.00. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by doigthom View Post
    How about a compromise. Discount the car by $750.00 or offer to make the latch panel repair for the additional cost of the sheet metal and paint (labor free). The object is to get a beautiful car sold to a deserving owner. Restoration design sells the panel for $225.00. Just a suggestion.
    Good grief. The car is being offered OBO. If a prospective buyer is annoyed by the latch panel, let 'em adjust his offer accordingly.

If anything, the car looks like a very good value. Try buying a numbers-matching '67 and finishing it to that level for less than $150K.

There does seem to be an epidemic of incorrect panel usage on 67 cars. The slate grey, the car on this thread, a lt ivory 67S at EC and another lt ivory at CPR. Probably lots more. Is it ignorance or willful corner cutting? The ads suggest nothing but correct perfection on some cars. I think for the money asked, a buyer should reasonably expect the right stuff. Look at the ass pain that could have been avoided on this red car. It is a beautiful car. But the lack of detail attention brings up unnecessary questions about the rest of the restoration. I have admired Freddie's work and everyone deserves a do over.
    Steve Shea #1 joined a long time ago
    58 speedster
    66 912
    67S
    73S
    97 VW eurovan
    1132 honda snowblower

member Jackson Hole Ski Club

Those are also the wrong gauges for a 67N. First year of 'decontenting' for Porsche to space out the S from the N. But then again I could be wrong, not claiming to be an expert.

~J~
    air cooled only

I’m surprised Beck isn’t on this thread trashing this car also, as a relatively new member I’m shocked at the criticism. It’s almost like you people got picked on at school and revenge is sought through the 911S forum.
    Instead of trashing cars why not help out? Maybe offer parts to make the car correct?
    I have several Porsche projects underway and because of the tone you likely won’t see them here.

LOL Moito!

Sales will go through the sunroof!