Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your maintenance record book editions

...also just noticed that it is one of the NA 2,500 print run examples (2.5M) with first print date I/73 (Jan 73) being used six + months later for a mid July 73 delivered USA car. Shipping to USA longer than Channel hop to UK but USA is probably shorter shipping than Aus shipping on other side of globe from Germany ....so interesting to contrast the different book print dates and quantities of other lateish (July 73) cars in UK and AUS as posted here (and elsewhere). Seems to suggest the ROW English for predominantly RHD markets had four goes to get the quantity of books right for model year 73, despite much smaller country/ populations and consequently fewer 911 sales. While smaller markets English ROW are geographically widespread around globe UK, SA, Aus, SA, HK? Possibly a factor?

maybe so Steve BUT there must have been a fair lag between when the cars were ordered by the main distributor and when they were made, let alone delivered to that market. So it is hard to see how they couldn't get the numbers more accurate
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

...indeed.

From just a handful of example books posted so far covering just a couple of years. And just two languages in relativeley few markets already lots of quirks and questions. Not even heard from any German or French car owners yet!

Interesting at the "print batch" level even before the kundendienst heft number individual book numbers sequence considerations you are also interested in!

Same as Peters for my US T 72

Name:  IMG_1041.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  79.3 KB
    Mark

Cheers Mark,

Not so familiar with that year. Why would there be a preprinted box for speedo change -- did they expect them to fail.

I get the continuity of mileage for warranty but not noticed this before -- was it like this in other years in USA ?

A German Pflegepass from XI/72 for model year 73:
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 198
Size:  43.7 KB
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 187
Size:  16.9 KB

Also print code 4309 as other countries from model year 73 but suffix .10 denoting German language / markets in this case. Print run 1.4M ie 1,400 examples on that first print date. KG but text all German naturally.

I know for certain there was an even earlier variation of the German Pflegepass than this one for model year showing TES CARRERA 2.7 because it has a noticeable characteristic on first page -- but so far haven't seen example of earliest German TES Carrera 2.7 posted here. The earliest model year 73 German and earliest English ROW for model 73 might be quite rare, but do exist.
    Last edited by 911MRP; 11-29-2018 at 10:40 PM.

Thumbs up

Here's my April build/May shipped/US June sold '73S...

As some know, our own S Registry Michael Hammond, sold my car to it's original owner... small world
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Thumbs up

And some other stuff that came in the pocket.....
    - Customer Contact Notice
    - 1974 Factory Calendar Order Card
    Chuck Miller
    Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator - Early 911S Registry #109
    R Gruppe #88

TYP901 #62
    '73S cpe #1099 - Matched # 2.7/9.5 RS spec rebuild
    '67 Malibu 327 spt cpe - Period 350 Rebuild

’98 Chevy S-10 – Utility
    ’15 GTI – Commuter

Starting to build a reasonable picture for model year 73, Chuck. I too am in touch with the dealer general manager who sold my car new and went to importer with his customer/first owner to collect a brace of the new model RS and drove them up the M1 motorway in early 73 on pre delivery trade plates. He recalled the little convoy of two white RS almost being wiped out by badly driven truck. Ironic since the original purchasor of my car was the grandson of a famous truck manufacturing firm that is now part of Mann-- so these days in Volkswagen group. Also in touch with first owner receiving the most recent email earlier this year

People connections giving current owners direct link back to day one of and other history are as you say proof of this hobby being a very small world.

S
    Last edited by 911MRP; 11-30-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Thanks Chuck

on the numbers i am interested in it is interesting (but not conclusive yet) that the three north american delivered cars have the first two numbers as 52 whereas the UK and Australian cars I have seen have the first two as 20. It will be interesting to see if that pattern continues and also what numbers are on cars from other countries - Cees what are the first two of your Italian delivered car??
    Hugh Hodges
    73 911E
    Melbourne Australia

Foundation Member #005
    Australian TYP901 Register Inc.

Early S Registry #776

member #1515
    Don't know exactly what the objective is, but here is my May production S:
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs