Thread: Early911sRegistry/RGruppe Coffee and Doughnutfest

Early911sRegistry/RGruppe Coffee and Doughnutfest

Saturday Dec 1.

The sun will be out and temps in the mid 50s. Starts around 8 and goes till around noon. I’ll be leaving promptly at noon and heading to Sonoma Raceway to take my 2 1/2 hour stint in our LeMons crap can, 908/14. We will be pitted next to our RGruppe buddies in their John Deere themed 944. Looking forward to some good natured competition. There is a $30.00 gate fee for spectaters good for the weekend. This is a great chance for NorCal folks to get a good idea of what LeMons racing is all about.
    Fresh ground, fresh brewed coffee and dounuts will be in abundance along with a lineup of
    Great Porsches in the AM at EASY.

4060 Harlan St.
    Emeryville, Ca.
    Just look for the EASY sign on the building and a bunch of early 911s parked in front

Regards

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Breazeale; 11-29-2018 at 06:49 PM.

It’s looking like it may be a bit wet in the early AM. No worries, though. We have a big, empty building to hide out from the rain. This is a rain or shine event.

Ciao

Jim

Rainy day in Emeryville
    Attached Images Attached Images  

The sun finally came out

Jim, any pics of your faithful LeMons steed?
    techweenie.com

My parts fetcher: 2016 Tesla S | Currently building: 73 RSR tribute and 69 RS tribute

Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Gris View Post
    Jim, any pics of your faithful LeMons steed?
    Bill

Thanks for asking. It’s a bit wounded right now. I crashed it yesterday at Sonoma Raceway. The left suspension is toast. The wheel should, actually me turned to the right. Happened with 2 hours to go and just before my son was due to get on the car and go till the checkered flag. We’ll be back at Sonoma in March. We had a great time until my “moment”

Ciao

Jim

Jim, sorry I missed you guys at Sonoma. You guys were looking good out there!

I saw your car get pulled in Sunday and was going to stop by, but we had our own problems at about the same time (not connected though, I think). Our damage is, umm, much worse than your 'flesh wound'. We're probably looking at having to replace the 944 chassis rather than attempting to straighten it. That's racing...
    Jeff Jensen

Bummer, Jeff

I used to know a guy that would have gladly donated a chassis.

Regards

Jim

Ha! Yeah, shoulda done this a year ago...
    Jeff Jensen