Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Choice between 2 classics

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder Frank , but I still dare say , no matter what .................The chocolate brown with chrome and the gold lettering, tan interiors , does look stunning in the metal

Tangerine!

As the owner of a '69T (far from original...)

I would recommend the S.

I've spent my time owning my T trying to upgrade it. It had unvented brakes, literally the worst 6cyl engine Porsche ever made, and stripped down gauging in the cockpit. I was fortunate in that mine came with the "comfort" group, which mysteriously came with the full E or S gauge package. I still have strange T leftovers, like 14" fuchs that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. (Try finding good tyres for a 14" rim!)

If the price was even close to the same, I'd go for the S every time. If I had three choices, or fell into a time machine that gave me the power to return to 1970 for a day, I'd choose an E every time. Almost all of the power, almost all of the driveability, all of the comforts: I believe the E is simply the perfect 911. However, in your situation, the S is closer to that perfection than the T.

Go for the 2.2S ! I can‘t say anything about the T but owning a 70‘ 2.2S I can say it‘s great fun to drive
    1970 911 2.2 S Coupé Bahia Red - Early 911S Registry #3174

Quote Originally Posted by daniel911T View Post
    As the owner of a '69T (far from original...)

I would recommend the S.

I've spent my time owning my T trying to upgrade it. It had unvented brakes, literally the worst 6cyl engine Porsche ever made, and stripped down gauging in the cockpit. I was fortunate in that mine came with the "comfort" group, which mysteriously came with the full E or S gauge package. I still have strange T leftovers, like 14" fuchs that I wouldn't give to my worst enemy. (Try finding good tyres for a 14" rim!)

If the price was even close to the same, I'd go for the S every time. If I had three choices, or fell into a time machine that gave me the power to return to 1970 for a day, I'd choose an E every time. Almost all of the power, almost all of the driveability, all of the comforts: I believe the E is simply the perfect 911. However, in your situation, the S is closer to that perfection than the T.
    Thank you Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by oliver-911 View Post
    Go for the 2.2S ! I can‘t say anything about the T but owning a 70‘ 2.2S I can say it‘s great fun to drive
    Thank you Oliver , is yours for sale :-) ?

... confused, to say the least ... would anybody really have a doubt between a T and a S? C'mon, buy it, drive it and show us some pics, otherwise all that is just a surrealistic post ...

Member #2768 http://www.no-speedlimit.it

• 1973 Biancaneve - 911 2.4 S/F Ivory
    • 1977 Fiona - 911 Carrera 3.0 Oak Green Metallic
    • 1993 Bellatrix - 964 Turbo 3.6 Black

I keep a registry of 1972 and 1973 2.4 S coupé chassis. Infos always welcome!!!

Instagram
    Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Thank you Oliver , is yours for sale :-) ?
    If you want to own two 2.2S anytime, your call
    1970 911 2.2 S Coupé Bahia Red - Early 911S Registry #3174

Quote Originally Posted by Biancaneve View Post
    ... confused, to say the least ... would anybody really have a doubt between a T and a S? C'mon, buy it, drive it and show us some pics, otherwise all that is just a surrealistic post ...

The confusion has disappeared now ( please understand I am a novice with these cars ) I thought a SWB had more status being the first model , like all other special cars . Thank you Biancaneve

You read that right. The '69 is the first year for LWB.

The T drives nicely, but the 70 S is almost identical in terms of body and suspension, but somehow much more special. You'll not regret passing on the T, or buying the S - and the more you learn, the more you'll understand.