Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Choice between 2 classics

If its the one I will buy ( at the moment in Position 2 after the 70 2.2 s ) , yes we have great paint shops in Malta .

Oh well , the S turned out to be a real Frankenstein :-(

Bowser
    My concern for you is that after your selected experts were not able to properly evaluate and advise you of important negative conditions of the cars you were considering.
    There are experts on this site from around the world who will provide some viable purchase options.
    In addition they will outline the critical PPI aspects needed leading you to happy purchase.
    If an S is your preferred car then members will happily post viable purchase options and the group will gladly scrutinize cars being considered and points of concerns.
    Keep us updated with open disclosure of cars being considered.
    Frank
    73.5 Snrf T
    71 Snrf T
    70S targa
    76 914 2.0
    82 Targa,
    85 Alfa GTV6
    60 Lancia Appia Zagato GTE
    Searching for transmission 7115322 (911/01)

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    Bowser
    My concern for you is that after your selected experts were not able to properly evaluate and advise you of important negative conditions of the cars you were considering.
    There are experts on this site from around the world who will provide some viable purchase options.
    In addition they will outline the critical PPI aspects needed leading you to happy purchase.
    If an S is your preferred car then members will happily post viable purchase options and the group will gladly scrutinize cars being considered and points of concerns.
    Frank
    Thank you Frank,
    The problem is that I am in Malta and no such cars are for sale here.
    I am open to any suggestions of cars to consider . What I am looking for is a Coupe' 2.0s or a 2.2s with year of manufacture up to latest December 1970.
    I have never engaged any experts as such , what I do till now is show my options to a friend of mine who is really a fanatic of early 911's
    All cars who's owners or sellers I have approached are cars which are on sale on the internet.
    Nobody has ever misguided me . The small problem which I have encountered here ( and I repeat, it is a very small problem ) is that I felt a slight overwhelming sensation on this page that I was stupid and new nothing about early 911's . Yes of course I am ignorant in this matter and that is why I came here to learn about the many pitfalls I might encounter before I decide on a car that I will like. Some have said that I refuse to be schooled , but believe me I am doing a great schooling here and I am beginning to know the cars bit by bit and am at a much situation than when I started some weeks ago.
    Yes of course I am open to everyone's help especially when my position in the world map limits me quite a bit , but thank God for internet always an email away ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by 71gold View Post
    Bowser
    Frank
    Hello again Frank,
    I am in fact interested in another S located in Starnberg Germany , maybe someone can help me with it ???
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    That is all , and of course, members here can choose to ignore my posts.
    Done.......

Thank you Frank,
    The problem is that I am in Malta and no such cars are for sale here.
    I am open to any suggestions of cars to consider . What I am looking for is a Coupe' 2.0s or a 2.2s with year of manufacture up to latest December 1970.
    I have never engaged any experts as such , what I do till now is show my options to a friend of mine who is really a fanatic of early 911's
    All cars who's owners or sellers I have approached are cars which are on sale on the internet.
    Nobody has ever misguided me . The small problem which I have encountered here ( and I repeat, it is a very small problem ) is that I felt a slight overwhelming sensation on this page that I was stupid and new nothing about early 911's . Yes of course I am ignorant in this matter and that is why I came here to learn about the many pitfalls I might encounter before I decide on a car that I will like. Some have said that I refuse to be schooled , but believe me I am doing a great schooling here and I am beginning to know the cars bit by bit and am at a much situation than when I started some weeks ago.
    Yes of course I am open to everyone's help especially when my position in the world map limits me quite a bit , but thank God for internet always an email away ;-)
    This should have been your first post in the thread.

These cars can be overwhelming to evaluate for purchase and it is very easy to get screwed given what it takes to restore one properly, or on the flip side, how easy it is to misrepresent one with an email exchange or online ad.

As you look for a new purchase, do you have a budget? Are you trying to buy from the EU? Would you consider cars in the US?
    What is your intended use for the car? Garage queen, convert to a rally car, drive on Sundays, enter into concours, just pull up a chair and look at it?
    There's no wrong answers to these questions, I think if you explain what you want you will get good advice from this community.
    1969 S Coupe #761
    Early S Registry #1624

Marcus, you can still buy my 2.2 S, as mentioned it’s not matching numbers but in perfect condition !
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1970 911 2.2 S Coupé Bahia Red - Early 911S Registry #3174

Hello all,

I am considering two cars , one a 2.2S MY 1970, and the other 2.0T MY 1969 .
    They are both with history and backing service invoices and both with a documented restoration to perfection.

The 1970 2.2S is at a price of 18% more than the 1969 2.0T

With the difference in price not being a huge issue ( considering the purchase of a car for collection ) what would be the best choice if there was one ?

I thank you all for your help in answering .
    I will purposely not mention the colours not to get any biased answers , they are both in gorgeous colours and trims inside.
    we went from a 'documented restoration to perfection' to a frankenstein. What happened to the documentation??

Never been to Malta, so i do not know how many Porsche specialty shops there are on the island to get a proper look at it in terms of originality etc.

~J~
    air cooled only

member #1515
    Since Malta is a member of the EU, are you allowed to import a car from any EU member without paying duties?
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs