Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 67

Thread: Choice between 2 classics

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by uptheorg View Post
    +! to @RSTarga

    All my cars are drivers first, collectibles second. For me, the better car is the "S".

    As a collectible, either one is great. If the wheelbases are actually different (and we won't know for sure until you post the VIN), there are good arguments for both cars given that the conditions are the same.
    Thank you Uptheorg

  2. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by 928cs View Post
    To answer to your original question, a 1970 2.2 S seems much more interesting to me than a 1969 2.0 T.

    1969 2.0 S vs 1970 2.2 S would be much more difficult
    Thank you 928cs

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    wrong date by me, its a 68 911 with no T L or S
    SWB '68 Normale 130 hp? Is the crankcase aluminium or mag? For many people, the former is more desirable.


    For me, the better car is the "S".
    I agree.

  4. #34
    Porsche wrench/life coach Frank Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    Kind Mr. Frank Beck,

    You will only see pictures of the car that I will buy.
    As you know it is not, 1. kind to place pictures of details of other people's property on the internet, and 2, It is illegal in my country.
    Therefore, why don't you just be so kind as to answer a simple question ?
    Maybe I shall rephrase it to make it even more simple.
    If one had to choose as an investment car, with an fortnightly drive in the dry to keep it on it's toes, from two fully restored cars ( as per best procedures possible , by renowned Porsche specialists in their respective countries) which would be the best one to go for , me being a novice ?
    1) being a 911 s 2.2 year of manufacture 1970 or
    2) being a 911 SWB ( US CAR ) 2.0 year of manufacture 1968
    They are both matching numbers and colours
    Maybe you can be even more kind by answering this simple question (by a new member) instead of going into details which only contracted experts on site can determine.
    My quest is not perfection , but trying to make the best buy possible since it will be my last in a collection of three special cars
    Again, I thank you

    Thank you
    Although there is market data available, your challenge to us is subjective and will come down to opinion. Unless I'm mistaking the question you're asking which model has the most upside in terms of enjoyment and future appreciation. A non S SWB coupe vs. a 2.2S coupe.
    HANDS DOWN a proper 2.2S coupe is one of the most sought after and delightfully unusual 911s ever built.

    There's no contest here whatsoever in my opinion.
    Warning! If I crap on you itís not on purpose.

    I often buy parts I think I need but find out I already own.

    "Save the whales."
    "Save the Rain Forest."
    "Save the baby humans."


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DG48N4gs0

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    SWB '68 Normale 130 hp? Is the crankcase aluminium or mag? For many people, the former is more desirable.



    I agree.
    1968 911 Coupe 5-speed, engine type 901.14, transmission type 902.1 with normal aluminium crankcase

    Thank you

  6. #36
    901.14 is USA spec.

  7. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by blue72s View Post
    901.14 is USA spec.
    Yes thank you, I mentioned this before somewhere . It was stored for 25yrs and bought into Europe prior to full restoration

  8. #38
    Porsche wrench/life coach Frank Beck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Posts
    8,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowzer View Post
    1968 911 Coupe 5-speed, engine type 901.14, transmission type 902.1 with normal aluminium crankcase

    Thank you
    So this exquisite and completely accurate restoration performed by a renowned Porsche expert included leaving on the butt-ugly U.S. spec reflectors. And the equally obnoxious air pump system?

    If not then it's not an accurate restoration.

    If so; why on earth would you even consider it? '68 U.S. 911 does not have a favorable following.
    Warning! If I crap on you itís not on purpose.

    I often buy parts I think I need but find out I already own.

    "Save the whales."
    "Save the Rain Forest."
    "Save the baby humans."


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54DG48N4gs0

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Although there is market data available, your challenge to us is subjective and will come down to opinion. Unless I'm mistaking the question you're asking which model has the most upside in terms of enjoyment and future appreciation. A non S SWB coupe vs. a 2.2S coupe.
    HANDS DOWN a proper 2.2S coupe is one of the most sought after and delightfully unusual 911s ever built.

    There's no contest here whatsoever in my opinion.
    Thank you very, very much Mr Beck

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    So this exquisite and completely accurate restoration performed by a renowned Porsche expert included leaving on the butt-ugly U.S. spec reflectors. And the equally obnoxious air pump system?

    If not then it's not an accurate restoration.

    If so; why on earth would you even consider it? '68 U.S. 911 does not have a favorable following.
    Negotiations my dear friend, negotiations

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Message Board Disclaimer
This is a public forum. Messages posted here can be viewed by the public. The Early 911S Registry is not responsible for messages posted in its online forums, and any message will express the views of the author and not the Early 911S Registry. Use of online forums shall constitute the agreement of the user not to post anything of religious or political content, false and defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise to violate the law and the further agreement of the user to be solely responsible for and hold the Early 911S Registry harmless in the event of any claim based on their message. Any viewer who finds a message objectionable should contact us immediately by email. The Early 911S Registry has the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.