Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any ideas?

That’s pretty cool... at least you’re not a surgeon!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ult-transplant

And another...

https://www.nytimes.com/2000/01/22/n...suit-says.html

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    And sometimes, if I'm feeling expansive (or bored), I've even used my full name:
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Funny . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    . . . humor is a rare commodity around here at times . . .
    . . . zat what you call it? . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Frankr View Post
    . . . no plans to further subject my car to the a$$holes here if you get my meaning . . .

Hm

We Can Be Heroes

Banned
    Stephen,
    That's hilarious.

Seems like an appropriate thread...

How do early Porsche owners feel about mechanics personally memorializing their work? Obviously it depends on the mechanic or shop as I suspect most people would find it super cool to see Andial's mark on their engine.

Quote Originally Posted by LongRanger View Post
    . . . zat what you call it? . . .

Hm

If I can survive Frank's onslaught of sarcasm, stick around, and simultaneously dish it back out anyone can...

Lol.

Honestly, what's the big deal? Grow some thick skin and realize it's nothing personal.

Out of all the members on this forum, Frank is one of the few that has helped me the most whether it be answering build questions, selling me that hard to find part or anything else for that matter.

Frank is a genuinely good guy, and I'm sorry most of you guys just don't see it.

Well, I'm going to get off my soapbox lest I come across as a Peacock!

Merry Christmas!
    -Seb
    1971 911t coupe
    2002 Camaro z/28

Quote Originally Posted by sebastianroher View Post
    If I can survive Frank's onslaught of sarcasm, stick around, and simultaneously dish it back out anyone can...

Lol.

Honestly, what's the big deal? Grow some thick skin and realize it's nothing personal.

Out of all the members on this forum, Frank is one of the few that has helped me the most whether it be answering build questions, selling me that hard to find part or anything else for that matter.

Frank is a genuinely good guy, and I'm sorry most of you guys just don't see it.

Well, I'm going to get off my soapbox lest I come across as a Peacock!

Merry Christmas!
    -Seb
    Its not about having a "thick skin" or if Frank is a "good guy", whatever that is. And yes, Frank helps out. But many people here help out without need for constant sarcasm and put downs. My point is that I suspect most folks here just don't appreciate it. I can be sarcastic with the best of them, but sarcasm is best used face to face with folks that you know, not on a site like this.

Sarcasm in written form can come across as mean and bulling. And most people would stop this type of behavior when they realized it wasn't appreciated. So obviously he doesn't care, even if others stop posting because of it. Its a shame.

Btw, Im not into name calling either, so I would never call you a Peacock ! In any case, Happy Holidays !
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Banned
    Being a HUGE fan of Don Rickles and growing up in a bygone era where there were just boys/girls, no safe spaces, men were not so preoccupied with the trivial, and "beta males" would be ongoing recipients of natural selection it's difficult to take some of these comments seriously. (Especially since this conversation started with the innocuous joke in post #9.) At the expense of being perceived as importunate, I'll continue.

Jocularity runs a vast spectrum and often consists of satire and sarcasm. Some find it funny, some don't. That's fine; like a broken record, I'm not here to win likes, self-promote (which some guys here have down to a science, lol, or make everyone feel "special". I'm here to contribute what I know, buy a few things, sell even fewer things, and poke fun at myself and others. I certainly mean no ill will and as Sebastian said, it's not personal but it is amazing to me that adult men can get their feelings hurt so easily. (For those who suffer from this or are the "perpetually offended" type I would challenge you to ask yourself "why"?)

I was dead serious in another post when I mentioned our culture's proclivity with taking oneself too seriously. This comes from insecurity and an over-abundance of self love. Too much self esteem is not a virtue; it's a cancer and the effects are devastating. It has produced a generation (or two?) of people who lack humility and have a complete aversion to hearing any constructive criticism in their lives or have ANY self-objectivity.

Candidly Simon I'm not sure what you mean by "negative rhetoric". I'm a mechanic for a living. I identify problems and fix them. There is no reward or really anything to gain by acknowledging that something is status quo and working properly. I don't give fanfare to it because it's sole goal and main function is to work properly. Perhaps that is why I focus on "the negative"? (I always muse when we do a PPI and buyers are disappointed that we have only noted the problems with the car and none of the attributes.)

BTW: I'm eagerly awaiting the identity of "The Peacock."

member #1515
    Well, when I get bored around here, I look for a thread where Frank is involved. That usually gets my brain sparking again. Like Cynar, Espresso or beer, he is an acquired taste.
    Here here to the rabble-rousers of the world!
    David

'73 S Targa #0830 2.7 MFI rebuilt to RS specs