Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Beck View Post
    Oy Vey...

Casting my seeds in a wasteland; humor is a rare commodity around here at times.
    Frank - I would have thought, after all these years , that you, of anyone on this site, would understand that sarcasm doesn’t work well on this thing called “the internet”, or, and just as probable, you’re just not that funny.

As an aside, we are a diverse ( thank god) group here and I am amazed by the negative rhetoric passed out if someone doesn’t see things your way. But, as they say, Oy Vey...
    1968 911L Coupe - Golden Green
    1971 911S Coupe - Gemini Blue
    1973 911S Targa - Signal Yellow
    1974 914 2.3 - Sunflower Yellow

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonjjb View Post
    Frank - I would have thought, after all these years , that you, of anyone on this site, would understand that sarcasm doesn’t work well on this thing called “the internet”.
    On the contrary; sarcasm is an especially effective tool when used appropriately. But there are two camps:

Those who get it and those who don’t.

I have made this observation in life: Sarcasm is usually wasted on those who think of themselves more highly than they should or the impatient.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonjjb View Post
    Frank - I would have thought, after all these years , that you, of anyone on this site, would understand that sarcasm doesn’t work well on this thing called “the internet”, or, and just as probable, you’re just not that funny.

As an aside, we are a diverse ( thank god) group here and I am amazed by the negative rhetoric passed out if someone doesn’t see things your way. But, as they say, Oy Vey...
    Left un-checked, Frank will be the voice of this board, by driving off normal people without attitude. But I wouldn't waste my time arguing with him, I'm starting to think he is a pigeon...

---Adam
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

Not lost on everyone, Frank!

Oy Vey...

Casting my seeds in a wasteland; humor is a rare commodity around here at times.
    1966 911 Coupe - Slate Grey - 304598 - still in restoration!

Member #1616

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post
    Left un-checked, Frank will be the voice of this board, by driving off normal people without attitude. But I wouldn't waste my time arguing with him, I'm starting to think he is a pigeon...

---Adam
    "Un-checked"... lol
    Not sure what that even means but looking forward to it.

"Voice of the board".
    Impossible. Nor do I want to be. Put me down for a "Yes" on diversity. I've said this many times; I would like you to agree with me because you know I'm right; not because you're weak. Or a fool. Or impatient.

I used to scorn pigeons but noticed a long time ago that there were far more dead doves in the street than pigeons. Plus, I have great admiration for any animal that can strategically chit on my car within an hour after its washed.

Still trying to figure out what a "normal" person is...

"Un-checked"... lol
    Not sure what that even means but looking forward to it.

"Voice of the board".
    Impossible. Nor do I want to be. Put me down for a "Yes" on diversity. I've said this many times; I would like you to agree with me because you know I'm right; not because you're weak. Or a fool. Or impatient.

I used to scorn pigeons but noticed a long time ago that there were far more dead doves in the street than pigeons. Plus, I have great admiration for any animal that can strategically chit on my car within an hour after its washed.

Still trying to figure out what a "normal" person is...
    Strut pigeon strut, maybe you can get your peacock to join in with you.

---Adam
    If you're reading this and you are not yet an Early 911S Registry member, Join Now!
    Early 911S Registry Member 1372
    Check out Unobtanium-Inc.com
    New blog posts all the time!

For as long as I can remember, I've scratched my initials and the date of completion on every major job I've done. I'm certain others do the same.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ejboyd5 View Post
    For as long as I can remember, I've scratched my initials and the date of completion on every major job I've done. I'm certain others do the same.
    I find this fascinating.

In 45+ years our company has never "scratched" our initials or signature on any job. The customer's signature on the check was the only one that mattered.

Without the self-appointed sensitivity deputy feigning outrage may I ask why you put your initials on someone else's property? Unless you're talking about some hidden or very discreet area deep inside the motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium-inc View Post

---Adam
    Now that is very funny.

And sometimes, if I'm feeling expansive (or bored), I've even used my full name:
    Attached Images Attached Images